3. Applejack

I walked along Twilight Sparkles — maybe I should just call her Twilight — and Spike, the adorable baby dragon. I tried not to gush too much, and I was doing a good job so far, but him walking on his tiny feet were so cute! Currently, he held a parchment paper and a red quill. I glanced at the paper and it appeared to have been a list.

"Summer sun celebration official overseer's checklist," Spike was saying. "Number 1, banquet preparations, sweet apple acres."

My eyes lit up as we came across the Apple Farm and walked past the entrance. I've always wanted to come to the Apple farm, and meet the Apple family. I've heard they such a good family, and I'm kind of envious of that.

"Yee-haw!" came the voice of an orange pony as she kicked a tree and apples fell into bucket.

I think I've seen her around, but I couldn't put my hoof on what her name was. I knew it had Apple in though. My eyes landed on her cutie mark—three apples. Just like her cutie mark. I glanced at Twilight's cutie mark—a purple, sparkling star. Does her talent have something to do with magic? I glanced at my cutie mark. A big bright red rose, singling my gardening talent.

Twilight sighed and bowed her head and began walking, as Spike trotted behind her. "Let's get this over with.." Why does she seem so annoyed? Maybe it was a bad idea to try to befriend this pony. She barely even acknowledges me as I followed her, which was making me feel like a stalker.

"Good afternoon," Twilight told the Apple pony. "My name is Twilight Sparkle—-"

"And I'm Spring Meadows!" I quickly threw in with a bright smile. Maybe I can befriend this pony. I've heard great things about the Apple family.

Twilight shot me a glare, which threw me off. I was just introducing myself.

"Well, howdy-doo, Miss Twilight and Miss Spribg," Applejack said, shaking hooves with Twilight and then me. "A pleasure makin' your acquaintance. I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends!"

I smiled wildly. Was that so? Maybe I can make friends with all of the Apples.

"I'd—" I started to say, only to be interrupted by Twilight.

"Friends?" Twilight asked, as if it wasn't something she'd like. "Well, actually, I—"

"So, what can I do you for?" Applejack asked, shooting us a wink.

I giggled. I love her southern accent. It's so cute.

Twilight clears her throat. "Well, I am in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?"

"Oh, the Apples will do wonders!" I assured Twilight. "They have the best farm in all of Equestria!"

"We sure as sugar do!" Applejack said. "Would you girls care to sample some?"

"As long as it doesn't take too long..." Twilight says as Applejack rushes away.

Oh, I was so hungry. I haven't eaten in almost two days, because my parents took away my right to eat as punishment.

Applejack begins ringing a triangle. "Soups on, every pony!"

And before I could grasp what was happening, there was a stampede of ponies that rushed us to a table. Applejack began introducing the entire family, and I was beaming, as new food — apple related, of course — was thrown onto the table. It was an entire feast. My mouth began to water. What should I try first?

I wasn't paying attention to Twilight or the Apples as a few more words were exchanged.

As we ate, the Apples watched closely. That was a bit weird, but I was so hungry I could eat a pony.

Wait...

I'm a pony.