Chapter 5

"Mia wake up!" I kept on hearing these words repeatedly as I shake my head to wake myself up. "Mia, Connor's here!" My brother shouted from my door and it instantly became my alarm clock. As I heard the words, "Connor's here", I immediately stood up. I looked at the clock and it's already 8:25am. Fuck. I must've forgotten to activate my alarm last night because I was so preoccupied.

I immediately went to my door and opened it. "Connor's here?!" I asked almost shouting.

My brother rolled his eyes. "Go see for yourself." He said.

I sighed and walked near our stairs to a spot where I can see people from downstairs but they won't see me. I saw Connor immediately, sitting on the sofa. Ugh.

"Please tell Connor to just go on without me. Tell him I just woke up and I'll just see him in school. Please?" I practically begged my brother. I can't show myself to Connor yet. I'm not yet dressed and I just woke up.

"Connor! Mia just woke up. I guess she overslept. She said you should go and she'll just meet you in school. She's not yet prepared. She said she's really sorry." My brother said, almost shouting from the top of the stairs. 

I saw Connor stood up. "Nope, it's fine. I can wait for her. My first class is at 10:30am so I can still wait. Just tell her I'll stay here." He said.

Ugh, I was so mad at Connor for telling that to my brother. I know he has a class at 9am. Why lie?

I immediately went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I don't have time to put my contacts on so I just wore my glasses and put my hair up in a messy bun. I manage to put a little cologne on just in case he'll go near me. This is really stressful. I took a last look in the mirror before walking out my room. My sweatshirt and pajamas seems okay. Maybe he'll think it's cute. Lol.

"Connor." I said just barely walking down the stairs. I didn't walk until the end of the steps. I just stayed in the middle.

He looked up the second he heard my voice. He managed to let out a slight laugh. I laughed as well.

"You should go. You'll be late. I'll just catch up in school. It's fine. I'm really sorry." I said.

He stood up and walked a bit to my direction. "It's fine, Mia. I'll wait for you."

I sighed. "Connor. I know you have a class at 9am. It's already 8:30 go on. You'll be late."

"Mia." He said with his soft and gentle voice. "I said it's okay. I’ll wait for you." He added.

That made me smile. "You sure?" I asked again.

"Definitely." he replied.

"Alright. I'll be back. Sorry." I said, preparing myself to walk up again.

He smiled. "It's okay." He said, and then I immediately walked fast to my room. I quickly grabbed my towel and went straight to my bathroom.

I took a bath and I placed my contacts on afterwards. I dried my hair up a bit and placed my red beanie on. I really have this thing for beanies. I have about 6 of them of different colors. Gray, Red, Black, Violet, Dark Blue and Green. This day, I decided to put on my red one. I wore my dark skinny jeans, maroon sweatshirt and my red Toms. 

This is what I hate about schools having no uniform. You have to have a bountiful of clothes so you won't repeat during the whole month. Once you do, people will notice. I placed my backpack on and grabbed my file case which I'll be holding. I made sure I grabbed everything I need because whenever I feel time pressured, I tend to forget the things I need to do. So I took a last look in my room before going downstairs.