Chapters Eight and Nine

Chapter Eight:

FINN

                I couldn’t have been happier when dinner ended. Between the awkward silence and our obnoxious waiter, I thought I would lose my mind. After dinner, the girls left to do whatever it is that they do and Grant went back up to the suite. He had some phone calls to make for the company. I, however, was nowhere near tired, so I went over to the bar at the hotel. The bass was pumping through speakers and the room was densely populated with people and smoke.

                “Hey, handsome. How’s it going?” A girl with an American accent asked me at the bar. She was obviously tipsy and borderline drunk. Perfect. She was looking for the same thing I was- a fun night with a person who I wouldn’t have to ever see again. The classic one night stand.

                “Not bad, now that I’m talking to you,” I said as she smiled at me. She wasn’t bad looking either. Not near as hot as Jane, but… Wait, how could I think of Jane like that? I mentally slapped myself. I hated her. She was a prim idiot, no matter how sexy she looked in pair of jeans. Ugh. I had to stop thinking of Jane like that. I ordered a drink and downed it in one gulp.

                “What’s your name?” The random girl asked me.

                “Finn. You?”

                “Jessica. Are you like British or something?” She asked. I was unsure of whether she was pretending to be dumb, or if she was just an idiot.

                “Something like that,” I said casually.

                “Cool. Want to come back to my room with me?” She asked. I could tell that she was nervous as to whether I thought she was being too forward or not.

                “Why not? Lead the way,” I commanded as I followed her out of the bar and into the bright lobby. I couldn’t be certain, but I could have sworn that I saw Jane’s eyes pop up over the screen of laptop where she was sitting, watching while I was led away by Jessica into another night of emotionless pleasure.

Chapter Nine:

JANE

                The next morning I awoke with a headache. I was still disgusted from the sight of Finn with that cheap looking whore outside of the bar. He was probably loaded with STD’s this morning. Oh well, enough thinking about that birth defect. I was yachting today. I decided to wear my cute red ruffled bikini underneath white shorts and a loose tank top. I was just about to walk out the door when Cynthia came in my room.

                “Are you ready? You look hot!” Cynthia said with a smile.

                “Ha! Sure… Let’s go.”

                We exited our room and rode the lift down to the lobby. From there, we caught a cab to the marina because the boys had been on the yacht for about an hour already, getting ready to take off. It was a beautiful, cloudless day and the water was a perfect, tranquil blue. The marina was full of life as we walked down the dock toward the massive yacht. On the creamy white side of the ship, the name Seascape was written. It was beautiful, not to mention bigger than any other boat I’d been on before. With two levels of decks surrounding the whole boat, there was no shortage of room to sunbathe. Grant was standing on the upper deck when he saw us.

                “Hey, girls! Hop aboard! We’ll take off in a minute.” Grant said with a smile.

                We stepped onto the bottom deck and got our things situated. All of the sudden, the engine roared to life and we navigated away from the marina. The bow of the ship cut through the water like a knife as we slid into more open water. Grant came down to our deck and sat on a leather bench with Cynthia.