Chapters Ten, Eleven, and Twelve

Hey guys! Sorry for such a long wait before this upload! It’s finals week and I’ve been stressing out. I have my Spanish 3 final tomorrow…wish me luck. I just want to say thanks for commenting and voting. If any of you are writers, you know how good it feels to have someone say something positive about your work! So keep commenting and voting, friends! Love you all.

Here’s the next installment. I hope you like it!

Chapter Ten:

JANE

                I decided that the best plan of action was to ignore Finn from now on. Things were sure to be awkward after our hot make out session. I kept telling myself that I was NOT having feelings for him. He was just a player. His words during our kiss proved that. Well, if he thought I wanted him so bad, I would prove him wrong. He was getting the silent treatment.

                I walked out of the bathroom on the yacht and up onto the deck. Grant was grilling some fish and shrimp and Cynthia was standing around, wearing an apron and talking incessantly. She liked to pretend that she was domestic and could cook and clean, when, in reality, she hated it. I guess wearing an apron made her feel better about herself. Finn, thank goodness, was nowhere to be seen. I didn’t want to ask about him, in risk of him hearing his name called and emerging again. I had to make sure Cynthia didn’t find out about our kiss. These two weeks were all about her, not my drama. Plus, I didn’t want her to think that Finn and my relationship was going anywhere, because it wasn’t. Cynthia was always trying to get me to date more ever since my bad breakup about a year and a half ago, but that was a complete different story and an emotional roller coaster that I hated to talk about.

                “Jane, doll, come get a plate and dig in!” Cynthia said, playing hostess.

                I was just about to take the plate from Cynthia’s hand, when an arm flew out of nowhere and took the plate. It was Finn. When did he get here? Had he seen me staring off into space?? My curiosity was immediately replaced by anger. How dare he take my plate? I looked up at him and saw a deep smirk on his face. He took a shrimp and popped it into his mouth. I stared at him with my mouth making a long “O”. He laughed and continued to eat.

                “Finn, was that really necessary?” Cynthia asked sharply, defending me. I could always count on her to say something when I was without words.

                “She hadn’t taken the plate yet,” he responded in a rude tone. I half expected him to say “duh” at the end of that fifth-grade argument.

                “Whatever, Cynth, calm down. It’s fine,” I said tranquilly. Finn wouldn’t get me down. I took another plate and sat on a bench, far away from Finn.

                We all ate, with the only conversation coming from Grant and Cynthia. It was obvious that Finn and I were silently facing off. Afterwards, Grant casually suggested letting the ladder down and taking a swim in the ocean. Cynthia immediately jumped up, saying she loved to swim, when I knew that all she really wanted was to show off her bikini. I internally smiled. There was no one quite like her. Cynthia started climbing down the ladder when I said that I need to get my sunscreen. I started walking toward the cabin when I heard Grant and Finn start to speak in hushed tones. Overwhelmed with curiosity, I hid in the hallway and listened in.

                “Can you just lighten up on Jane, man?” Grant asked, sounding exasperated.

                “Why should I? Messing with her is fun, and she needs it. She’s way too uptight.”