Chapter 17

After a few days passed, you had almost completely healed and recovered. You were able to walk, however limping, and your body stopped aching at every movement you made.

Johnny guided you each time you needed help, he was gentle and warm, which made your heart ache for him even more.

"(Y/N), I just overheard that apparently the whole special thing is today." Johnny pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Hm?" You call out to him.

"I said that apparently the special thing is today." He repeated himself, before sitting down next to you on the island where you sat almost everyday talking to him.

"Oh. That's nice." You reply, inspecting the scenery in front of you.

"You okay?" He placed his hand on your knee.

"Yeah. I'm just tired." You turn you face to him, flashing a warm smile before turning back to face the front.

"I did a movie about someone who is depressed and all he ever said was that he was tired... so, y'know. Why don't you wanna tell me?" He questioned you, using it as an opportunity to mention his career for the millionth time this week.

What you have noticed is that he grew back into his 'Johnny Cage' persona again. He became arrogant, prideful, and all he ever did was pitch his movies and make dry joked all the time.

In reality, you prefer the... (real?) him way more.

"I'm fine." You reply flatly.

"Another thing that he said all the time is... that." He sighed deeply, "Is there something you're not telling me? It's not like it's anything that important anyway. Y'know, I can't read your fucking mind, (Y/N). I mean if you would at least tell me..."

(Stop talking.) - Words ring through your head as he keeps on rambling.

"Shut up." You mumble underneath your breath.

"I'm sorry?" He asks, "Well, sorry, (Y/N), for trying to make you feel better. So much for being a good person."

"Shut. Up." You repeat aggressively.

"Who are you? Skyler White? Talk to me." He insisted.

You ignored him, not looking at his face.

"You can walk home by yourself then, (Y/N). Good luck limping all the way there." He shouted the words which made your blood rush like a river through your veins, circling around endlessly.

You stand up to face him, seeing the regret which crashed down his face.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" He spoke before you interrupted him.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you, Johnny? Actually, how can you be this fucking dense." You snap back at him, stepping forward.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)..." He continues apologising as you interrupt him again.

"I don't want to hear the same fucking excuses and apologising all the fucking time. Leave me the fuck alone." You yell at him, regretting it a moment later.

He sighs deeply, showing his hands and steps away.

You cover your face with your hands as you contain the tears within you. You groan before sitting down on the ground, then leaning back to lie down.

You lay there for hours, inspecting the ceiling which covered your view of the sky.

"(Y/N)!" You heard Kung Lao call you.

"Yeah?" You respond, sitting back down.

"Liu Kang is calling all of us to the main temple." He explained as you stood up and walked over to him.