Chapter 30

The sound of rustling bed sheets and birds chirping awake you from your sleep. You open your eyes hesitantly as you're blinded by the sunlight.

You turn away from the window, facing Johnny, who lays beside you on his phone.

"Good morning." He smiles and places his phone down on his bare chest.

"Morning." You reply and furrow your brows, "Where is your shirt?"

He smirks, "Enjoying the view?"

"That tattoo is the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen, Johnny." You laugh before hanging your legs off the bed.

His arm wraps around your waist as he sits beside you before glancing at you, "Are you still pissed?"

You roll your eyes, "It's fine."

He grins and places a small kiss on your lips. You smile back at him, gazing into his eyes for a moment before leaving his embrace.

"I'm gonna go get ready." You say, walking towards the bathroom, "What time is it?"

Johnny glances at his watch, which seemed to never leave his wrist, "Ten thirty."

"And what time are we supposed to be there?" You ask, shifting to one leg.

"Twelve." He replies.

You groan in disappointment, "Fine."

Stepping into the bathroom, you notice how purple it is again. The sink was made out of something that resembled white marble. The finer details were lined with gold.

The water begins running and you splash your with it, gasping from the shock of cold.

You open your makeup bag which lay near the sink, taking out mascara and an eyelash curler.

You didn't really do makeup in the Wu Shi Academy because you didn't feel like it was worth it, but since it's an important occasion today, you decided to finally renew your routine.

After doing everything you needed to in the bathroom, you step out to see Johnny buttoning up his shirt.

He smirks sending you an air kiss, "Disappointed, sweetheart?"

You scoff, "Relieved."

"Come on... you like it." He says smugly, stepping forward, reaching out his hands to grab your waist.

You roll your eyes before walking past him towards the bed, sitting down on it, "Where do we have to go for the thing?"

"The garden." He replies, buttoning the third to last button of his shirt, leaving the rest open making his chest slightly exposed.

"What time is it?" You ask.

"Eleven."

You nod before reaching for your bag, picking out clothes to wear. You feel a pair of hands wrap around your waist tightly as you place one of your hand on top of his.

"I love you, (Y/N)." He speaks softly into your ear, his lips brushing against it lightly.

"Me too, Johnny." You reply before taking your hand off to take out a shirt and some pants.

"I have to change, Cage." You laugh, still in his arms.

"We have some time, (Y/N)." He says, moving his face down towards you neck, breathing against it heavily.

His arms pull you in closer towards him, pressing your back against his chest.

"Johnny, we gotta go soon." You glance at his watch, "We have thirty minutes left. And I don't want to be in a hurry later."

"Yeah, you're right." He sighs, stepping away.

You smile warmly before stepping back into the bathroom to change. A cold sting hits your body once you remove your pijamas, so you hurry to put your clothes on, shivering in the process.

"Actually we are actually kind of late so can you hurry up in there?" You hear Johnny call from the other room.

"Yeah. Almost done." You shout back, brushing your hair with Kung Lao's brush. God, it was good. You're never returning that to him.

You step out of the bathroom to see Johnny on his phone before glancing up at you, "Ready?"

"Yep."

He steps in front of you, opening the door to let you pass through first. He places his arm around your waist, pulling you in closer to him.

While walking, you notice Kung Lao exit his room as well.

"Kung Lao!" You call him as he turns around immediately.

"Hey, (Y/N)." He grins, walking towards you, "I guess you guys are good now."

"Yeah." You smile, glancing at Johnny, noticing a hint of negativity on his face.

"I actually have to catch up with Raiden, so I will see you guys there." Kung Lao says, turning around and jogging forward to avoid an awkward levelling of speed between you.

"Jealous, Johnny Cage?" You smirk, brushing your hand on his shoulder.

He glances down at you, "No."

You chuckle, circling your finger on his shirt, "I though you could get any girl in a ten thousand mile radius."

"Well, apparently not Kitana or my ex." He chuckles as you do, however a small hint of envy sparks in your mind.

As you approach the garden, you see most people already gathering behind the Empress' throne. Raiden stands before her, while Liu Kang stands not too far back.

"You continue to surprise, Raiden. Among others, you have defeated Kotal, Motaro, and Sheeva. Only two fights remain." You glance at Johnny, pulling an embarrassed smile, realising that both of you have missed most of the fights, "Are you ready Earthrealmer?"

"I am, you majesty." Raiden speaks confidently.

"Then next you face my daughter... Kitana." Empress Sindel says as Kitana begging stepping towards Raiden.

"Your Majesty, this is unprecedented." Liu Kang steps forward as worry flashes on his face,"Raiden's next opponent should be your heir."

"Mileena is unavailable. She's away on pressing imperial business." Sindel replies shifting in her seat.

"But I have not prepared him to battle Kitana." Liu Kang insists.

"He's already demonstrated great skill. Can he not improvise?" Sindel says.

"Do not worry. I can do this." Raiden assures.

"Very well." Liu Kang says before stepping away.

"I will be no easier to fight than my sister, Earthrealmer." Kitana steps towards her opponent.

"I suffer mo such delusion, Your Highness." Raiden replies modestly.

"I will win this fight. For her, my Empress, and all of Outworld." She says, facing him.

"Fight!" Empress Sindel commands.