chapter 1

So it started the semester of early 20s, the prince of the arts campus was on a certain roll. It wasn't something he was cocky about like every other university jock. Not this was different. You see Mr. Pete Phongsakorn was not some rude over confident bitch like everyone had painted him to be, rather the poor boy had just started this as a quest.

The quest to find the perfect match.

Pete's grandmother was a rather superstitious old lady, thinking a little too much, acting much harder on those thoughts. She had also bled her values and beliefs into Pete who happened to gladly oblige.

So Pete, one day walked into a tarot reading room in search of answers with his young enthusiasm and utter curiosity. He had a girlfriend of 5 years until then, he was so sure he'd marry her. But the moment the tarot readings were spread out, doubts of such had already crept into Pete's mind. The doubts further bled into his relationship despite his obvious efforts at ignoring the readings. Now that you think back to it, Pete had singlehandedly ruined the most precious bond of a childhood friend along with that relationship.

And he regretted it every single day-the friendship not the dating.

And your love would bring fire and blood and paint you in it. A palm reader had once announced to him. Way to go, Pete.

Yeah, so this started his pursuit of that one person that was his destiny. The one that would love him till the end of the sea waves, one that would light up his insides like a fucking Christmas tree. One that would make him feel the love seep through ever cell of his body. It sounded unrealistic even to his own ears, unconditional love in this era of mindless fucks and pointless encounters seemed out of reach. But Pete was one insistent bastard himself.

Yet, this quest had suddenly turned into something else as the semester came to an end. The once shy bubbly Pete had suddenly gained some sort of confidence that was now shining like a beam from a lighthouse.

In conclusion, Pete had lost track of his motive and decided to have fun. The fun soon morphed into a habit and suddenly, mindless fucks did not seem too bad to Pete. Hence, came his renowned title of the 'Heartbreak Prince'.

* * * * *

Vegas had anyways thought of himself as the most fearsome entity of the whole of Bangkok. Hell, a mafia heir who was trained his whole life for the one thing didn't really have a choice but to be feared. In his world it was either that or live under the shadows of others-one thing Vegas hated more than his own mother. Hate, yeah well he hated many things. One might think he never really had any joy in his life, but that was not the case. He was very well familiar with the pleasures of this world. He bathed in those pleasures. They were handed it to him without a cost and he reveled in the face of it.

He had an easygoing smile, he had a charm so powerful he once managed to score a whole nightclub thanks to himself. The only thing he found tiresome in this schedule of life was that he still had to go to university and secure a degree. Sure, university was a good idea, it gave him a sense of ground, made him dissociate from his other life and be someone for once that didn't have any responsibilities or pressure.

So he continued his so called education. Attending classes, chasing deadlines with one hand while committing cold blooded murders with the other. Maybe that was why he was falling back in his classes-the distractions. But all he required to graduate was pass, not excel. Then so be it.