1.

Don't forget to vote and comment for the next chapter-
----

"Adira, it's been more than 13 minutes," Saanvi shouted from outside the bathroom.

"I said I'll take 14 minutes," Adira shouted back.

As soon as she came from taking a bath, Saanvi went inside in fear that if she, by any chance, went inside, she wouldn't come out so soon, considering the love she has for the bathroom. God knows what she does in there for such a long time. I mean, a person would take a max of 45 minutes for a bath, right? But she takes more than an hour.

"Fine, but today I have an interview. I hope they hire me," Adira informed Saanvi.

"I know they will, and if they didn't th—" cutting off Saanvi in the middle, she completed her sentence.

"They are assholes," she said, and both of them laughed in synchrony.

A D I R A

I would lie if I said I am not nervous; I have applied to a number of companies by now. I am an event manager and a graphic designer as well. I don't know how I managed to get a degree in global management, but I did, and for the past year, I have been struggling to find a job.

Honestly, I have always wanted to be an event planner, but I have always been trying for a graphic designer job as it had more opportunities according to people. However, there are so many designers that I don't get opportunities easily.

But I hope today I will, as Malhotra Marvels has a vacancy for a graphic designer, as they announced. It's also an event company.

Soon, I dressed up in professional clothing that may represent me well. I chose broad black pants for bottoms and a white full-sleeve shirt for the top. I folded the sleeves to a decent length, and with a little bit of makeup, I applied my favorite perfume. Of course, smelling good is the most initial step.

Looking at myself for the last time in the mirror, I just prayed to get the job, at least this time, because it's been a year I am struggling for a job.

I had an online business on which I was able to earn only a thousand rupees. I really am in need of this job; a tear escaped from my eye whenever I remember what all I have been going through being jobless.

What a sad reality!

I only have my mother and my brother in my family, whose responsibility I have on my shoulders, but I have never been able to fulfill their needs. My mother was a government teacher, and still, instead of me, she's providing for both of us, cutting off on her medical expenses by her pension.

I live here out of my city since my college was here; I completed my graduation here itself.
Some people said that why did I go with such courses and fields; I should have gone with the science option, but I loved this field.

Why is it wrong to prioritize your choice over the stereotypes that everyone should go with science, at least the one who got 95% in 10th? Yes, I have always been a bright student, but it didn't get me anywhere.

I really need this job because of it, I am having regular panic attacks. That's the reason I take so much time in the washroom. I don't want Saanvi to know about my condition.

Oh right, Saanvi, she's my best friend; she was my roommate. I met her around 4 years ago, and now I am living with her. She is doing CA; she has 1 more exam to do, after which she will be certified as CA. Finally after lot of hardwork she will be a CA it took her one or two drop in 2nd exam.

I looked at my watch and then realized I am 5 minutes late; I hurriedly grabbed my Activa's key and went to the company.

_____