Chapter 1

Lauren's POV
Today is the day that I am finally going back to Georgia. I've been living in Nashville for the last few years. I've released one album and currently working on my second one. My friends and family have been begging me to take a vacation and come home, so I am driving there now. As I pull into town, I drive past the house that Brantley had built right before we went our separate ways. I've heard his songs on the radio and I'm so proud of him. Any time I knew that he was in Nashville, I made sure to stay away from places he might go. Seeing him would kill me. I love him but I couldn't watch what he was doing to himself anymore. I wipe one lone tear from my cheek as I pull into my mama's driveway.

I'm sitting in the kitchen, drinking some sweet tea with my mama, when I get a text from my friend Holly.
H:Bonfire tonight! You're coming right?
L:Yeah! Tell me where and I will meet you there.
H: Don't freak out, but it's at B's house.
L: What!! No! I can't do that and you know why!
H: I promise if you go you won't regret it. Please?!
L: Ugh! Fine!

"I'm going to a bonfire with Holly tonight. Don't wait up." I tell my mama as I kiss her cheek and head up to my old room to get ready for tonight. I'm fixing to see Brantley for the first time in five years.

I pull into the gravel driveway in front of Brantley's house

I pull into the gravel driveway in front of Brantley's house. I take a minute to calm my nerves before I text Holly and tell her that I am here. It's not long before I see her running towards my car and yanking the door open. "Lauren! I can't believe that you are really here." She says, wrapping me in a hug. "I know. This should have happened a long time ago." I tell her with a smile. "Come on, everyone will be so excited to see you." Holly starts walking and I quickly grab her arm, making her turn to me. "Does he know I'm coming?" "No, I thought it would be a fun surprise for him." We start walking towards the back of the house and I feel my nerves kick in again.

Holly and I walk into what looks like a massive man cave. There is motorcycles, cars, TVs, and whatever else you can think of. We walk towards a big group standing near the bar. "Hey y'all! Look who I found!" Holly yells. Everyone turns to look at me, but I only meet the eyes of one person in the room.

Brantley's POVI'm standing in the Dawg house talking to some friends, before going out and starting the bonfire, when I hear someone yell

Brantley's POV
I'm standing in the Dawg house talking to some friends, before going out and starting the bonfire, when I hear someone yell. "Hey y'all! Look who I found!" Everyone turns to look. Holly is standing there with a smile on her face. I look and see who is standing behind her when I feel all the breath leave my body. The most beautiful blue eyes are staring back at me. I slowly start making my way towards her as all the people in the room look on in shock. A couple of people had walked over and hugged her but moved out of the way as I got closer. "Lauren, you came home."