friday 1 pm

Alert.

An alarm rang through the air, making both Maia and Soobin jump scared.

She looked at him, puzzled, and he shrugged telling her he didn't know what was going on either.

"Hyung", one of the other guys from the band came walking towards them. The rest was following suit. "They said we should leave the beach, go back to the hotel. Some weather shit's supposed to go down".

Maia didn't even look their way. She could understand what they were saying, given that her mother was Korean and had raised her to be bilingual. She even had a Korean name, which she never used. Danbi.

"Okay, let me tell her, we'll go right after you guys", he replied. Maia wanted to reply to him, saying she didn't want to be near him, but maybe pretending she didn't know Korean would play on her side in the future.

So she just turned to look at him and raised her eyebrows expectantly. Taking a last sip of her cocktail, she adjusted her sunglasses.

"Princess, we have to go. Something's wrong with the weather", just as Soobin said so, all the shine from the sun went away.

Ginormous clouds, the color of void, suddenly took over the blue sky, and a darkness surrounded them. Without being able to reply, Soobin and Maia were soaked in rain.

The other TXT members were already halfway there, so Maia and Soobin took a sprint for it, running under the unforgiving wind and rain that suddenly turned the sunny day into a hellish storm.

"What the hell?!", Maia screeched when a lightning bolted through the sky, almost splitting it in half, and the roaring of a thunder almost left her deaf. "We're going to die", she mumbled to herself while they entered the hotel.

"Please, remain calm", the hotel staff repeated. The lights were off, as if the storm had ended all connections to the electricity.

"Excuse me, what is going on?", Maia approached one of the staff members, who just looked at her apologetically and just signaled her to go in the lobby.

"Dear Guests, please remain calm", the same woman that had been delivering the tickets earlier in the morning stated onto a megaphone. "There's an unexpected thunderstorm that has cut off all power through the city. We have electric generators and you power should be back on soon. Please remain inside the hotel, since your security is our number one priority. For that reason, we will be closing all entrances and exits, but you are welcome to enjoy all the indoor commodities. The storm is expected to be over tomorrow evening, so please make yourselves as comfortable as possible due to the circumstances".

Maia groaned, sighing later to take a seat on a plastic chair they had set up for the guests. She was handed a towel and thanked whoever it was, without looking up, and started drying her hair. Fucking Soobin. It was his fault, he'd started this whole thing and then the weather had joined in, making her vacations –after two hours of starting– completely miserable.

"Might as well just die", she mumbled.

"There's no phone service", one of the guests complained.

"We are working on getting the power back on, and the wifi service will come right after. We are sorry for any inconvenience, but please beware that we are just as baffled as you, and the hotel staff is here to serve you but we are also humans", the woman stated. "If there's something we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know, and if it is possible for us to do it, we will".

Suddenly, the towel was yanked off her hands.

"Dude, what the–", her eyes met Soobin's and she rolled her eyes. "What the fuck".

"I was sharing my towel with you, very charming of me, but now I ned to dry my hair too", he said casually.

"If I had known it was yours–"

"Don't tell me", he smiled while drying his hair with the towel. He looked magnificent, standing there with his abs on full display and the water droplets running down his milky skin. "If you knew it was mine, you wouldn't have taken it", Maia nodded. "So you'd prefer to be soaked wet than to get help from me".

"I don't wanna be near you", she shrugged. "Or your K-pop friends. I'm here to enjoy my vacations, not to become a groupie".

The allegations made Soobin croak out a laugh.

"We'll see about that", he smirked.

"Jerk"

"Yet you still keep talking to me".

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't", she added and, with that, left to get changed into some dry clothes.