Chapter 33 - Yes?

From Italy to Austria, Hungary, and then France, Sherlock left a trail all over Europe. Solving a few cases in Switzerland and Romania garnered a bit more attention than intended, but your eyes often lit up at the news articles appearing on your notifications. 

Laying in the plush sheets of your hotel room overlooking New York City's autumn-coloured Central Park. Your finger scrolls through the articles, more and more appearing by the second.

Sherlock Holmes in Moscow after solving a string of cases in Japan.

Famous Detective solves another case in Argentina.

Indonesia finds itself host to Sherlock Holmes: What case will he solve?

Has Sherlock Holmes finally arrived in New York?

A smile grows on your face, just in time to hear the doorbell ring out. Jumping out of bed, you place a gun under your shirt, opening the door soon after to see Sebastian grinning. "Hello, Petal,"

You take the flowers Jim had likely sent from his hands, "it's been a few months, and that's the first thing you chose to say?" you place the flowers on a table.

"Just letting you know I'm annoying as ever, Petal," he gives you a tight hug. "We miss you back in London,"

"Are you getting soft, Moron?"

"Okay, never mind, I miss you much less," he scoffs, pulling back from the hug with an eye roll. "How's the business?"

"Set up and ready," you gesture for him to make himself comfortable. "How is Holmes?"

"On track... he seems eager,"

"I'd hope so. I made sure he's never bored," you sit in a chair and sigh, "Unfortunately, I've neglected my entertainment,"

Sebastian clicks his tongue, "So what's going on then?" he catches your confused look, "You and Sherlock. Because while I'm not a man of many friendships, I doubt this can be considered normal." You shrug, entirely at a loss for confirmation. "Count on you to create a worldwide hunt but unable to say what you and Sherlock are,"

"It's complicated," you scoff, sinking in your chair, "plus... this is me finding out,"

"And how can Prince Charming prove himself?" Sebastian had poured himself a cup of whiskey.

You fix your posture, a little less defensive now, "by seeing whether or not he'd follow me to the ends of the earth," you play with the sleeve of your shirt, smiling gently.

Sebastian blinked a few times blankly before shaking his head, "And I thought Boss' relationships were weird..." he quickly down the whiskey, "Yeah, I think it's time for me to leave. Loverboy should be arriving at the ends of the earth any moment now-"

A knock suddenly rings out, making you both stop in panic. "Window," you point strictly.

"We're in the fucking penthouse!" Sebastian whisper-shouts back at you.

"You can't be here!" You push him to the bedroom and the open window.

"I am not climbing out that window!"

~~~

"I can't fucking believe this," Sebastian grumbles, clinging to the ledge of the carved sandstone windowsill. "The shit I put up with."

From the bedroom, you shut and lock the window, "Oh, hey! Yeah, I faked my death- no one got hurt, yeah, yeah, been pretty good. How?" You ramble quietly, "Fake flight! Just the usual tricks here and there," You fix up your clothes and run to the door with a few deep breaths. "Ehem, yes?"