15. Engagement

I watched as the deep sun rose shining through the darkness of the night

I watched as the deep sun rose shining through the darkness of the night. Today was the day when I was giving marriage a second chance. I just feel so different this time. instead of being scared of what the future will bring I feel....protected?secure?.

Today was one of those days when I missed the presence of my parents. I want them to be here when I have my emotions all mixed up and I can't decided if I like abhiraj or do I love him.If my parents were here they could have made me realise and more aware of the feelings rather then me falling in a dark pit where I can't understand anything.

Shaking my head as if it stopped me from thinking more I got out of bed and opened my cupboard which held the perfect outfit that abhiraj had choosen and paid for claiming I quote "I have to spoil you" or something similar but today I would officially be engaged to him. I held the hanger and took it out and placed it over me while I was still in my silly nightsuit and just took a view at the mirror. I twirled in it like a little girl who was excited and then it hit me what taiji had said

"yeh saree mein tumhare stretch marks dikhte hain jo is saree ki khoobsurati ko hata deti hain"

(your stretch marks are visible in this saree which makes the beauty of the saree go away)

My mood damped and all the excitement just went away? it was as if she gave me a reality check the other day and made me realise how much of a failure I was. I had made up my mind that I will tell the makeup artist to cover it up.

While I was busy clouded in my thoughts I heard a loud voice

"mummyy mere dressss"

I definitely flinched at the high volume but put up my smile forward and turned

"haan mummy ki jaan yaha hain"

"please mereko bhi ghoom nah"

"Sure meri jaan"

I gave her he dress and her eyes twinkled as if i had given her the most precious thing on the earth. Little did she know that she was the most precious thing for me.

This went on for hours and we got ready in our outfits and since aadhya is a child i convinced her to only get her hair done and not her makeup. But her being my perfect child she negotiated till i agreed to put on a gloss on her lips.

She ran away after that and i placed my Jewellery on and got my hair done in a bun. My makeup artist came in and just as i was about to tell her to cover up my stretch marks a notification came on my phone.

Raj
Im on my way and i cant wait to put a ring on your finger. ALSO dont you dare cover up your stretch marks they just highlight your beauty and i love them . 💗

If there is anything i am sure of then it has to be that i am slowly for sure falling in love with this man. As if this comment of his got my anticipation back and made all the thought of taiji go away . The fact that he thought about my insecurity and actually tried to make me feel better about myself definitely made my heart do a summersault.