Chapter 51 - Comico Match

Finally the morning has arrived. It's already 7:30 a.m. The door to their battlefield opened.

The mass of participants were already lined up outside the large convention center---Tenguu Square, where this season's Comico Colosseum was being held. As they entered the hall, they heard the clamor of footsteps, rolling carts, and all sorts of people talking everywhere.

Comico Colosseum was held twice a year, once during the summer and once during the winter. There, many groups together sold multitudes of doujin for the three days the event was scheduled for. This was the summit event where all fans of manga and anime from across the entire country gathered. Just like every other year, within those three days, there were well over fifty vendors prepared and ready.

That's not to mention that this is the largest this event has ever been. Of course the number of general participants has increased too, but the number of circles looking to put their doujins on display also increased by a fair number. Not so long after the hall opened, a storm of people marched inside the building, quaking its very foundation.

-It's been one hour since the hall opened. Similar circles were usually placed together in the same area. Lucas and the others, of circle Ratatoskr, finally built their booth near the front where the gate was after the pedestrian traffic died down.

"Alright, let's go, everyone!"

"Umu, our preparations are complete!"

"L-Let's do our best...!"

The Spirits all nodded alongside Lucas' words.

Even though no one was really back in perfect physical condition, they all recovered enough strength to get through the day once they passed out after finishing their manuscript.

When Lucas woke up, he found Origami clinging onto him, while Miku had seized both Yoshino and Kotori in her left and right arms respectively. As a result, she slept with a happy look on her face. Yoshino and Kotori, however, groaned as if they were having a nightmare. They suspected Origami and Miku plotted together for this, but the two denied it and said that it was just how they sleep naturally. Of course, everyone knew they were lying and looked at them with suspicion.

Today is the day of the decisive battle. Lucas walked along with the Spirits and Shidou through the wide lobby, then they went to the east hall to where their booth would be placed.

Inside the hall, there was a large number of people from each of the circles participating. Everyone seemed busy. As they were constructing their booth, they set up the tablecloth and lined up all their books on the tables.

"Hee... Although this is my first time being here, this is amazing."

"Consent. Everything here is so creative."

"You're right~ This atmosphere feels a little similar to a live TV show."

The Spirits looked at their surroundings out of interest, each gave their own reactions of excitement and chatted around. Then, as she looked at a certain spot in the hall, Kotori said something to everyone.

"-She's already here. Nia."

Everyone became anxious when they heard that. Lucas stopped his breath and looked in the direction of the booth Kotori was looking at.

Over there, was the person Kotori just mentioned-The Spirit, and their rival today, Nia.

"..."

Lucas made up his mind and walked forward.
And then, as if noticing Lucas and the others' presence, Nia turned her face.