33. that feeling

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The curtain lightly blew in the breeze that flew through the open window. Dorthea was folding some clothes when a small knock could be heard on the door. She glanced behind her, seeing her sister. "Hey Willow, you guys settling in ok?

"Yeah," She stepped inside the room, shutting the door. "I want to talk to you about something."

Dorothea raised a brow, setting the shirt she was folding down, and turning to her sister. "What is it?"

There was a thick silence as Willow stood, fidgeting with her fingers. "I have feelings for Mattheo, but it's so weird and I know you are probably really pissed by that, I just-"

"I'm not." Dorothea shook her head, "Mom, Dad, Ivy-- they are all dead, there is nothing we can do about it. The best we can do is just get over it."

"Wait," Willow looked to Dororthea, slightly taken aback. "You over what he did?" Dorothea only nodded her head in response. "How can you be over that, that quickly?" Willow stood up, anger beginning to rise in her.

Dorothea scoffed, "Says the one who has feelings for the guy who got them killed."

"At least I'm conflicted about it! I am always thinking about them, about how we could do something. I can't just move on, they are our family!"

"Was." Dorothea corrected her, crossing her arms as she stood up. "Look Willow, I get it. But it would be best if you moved on. I did and I'm now engaged."

Willow looked at Dorothea in disbelief, glancing down to her left hand, and noticing a ring. "You just met him--"

Dorthea scoffed, "Willow not everyone needs to follow your rules and what you think is right or not. I love Marlo, he loves me, we are getting married whether you like that or not. I've gotten over Mom, Dad, and Ivy. If you came to me for my acceptance of your wanting to date Mattheo, go right ahead. I do not care."

The silence crept back into the room. The two sisters stood there, looking at one another. Willow could not respond, all she did was walk out, leaving Dorothea in the room.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

The sky was pitch black except for the stars that could be seen. Since there were no lights near the area, Willow could see every star in the sky. She lay on the ground, staring up at the sky. 

"You alright?"

Willow glanced over, noticing Mattheo walking towards her. When looking at him, she thought of her family for some reason. "Yeah, I'm fine." The words left her lips without a thought. She lied, she wasn't alright, but she wasn't going to tell Mattheo that.

"Beautiful night." He sat down beside her, looking up at the stars. "You talk to your sister yet?"

Of course that was all he cared about. Willow shook her thoughts away, it involved him, and she couldn't blame him. "Yeah, she's fine with us."