19

It had been a couple weeks since the dinner fiasco and Miranda had a strained relationship with her father. Her mother called and explained that while she was shocked she was ultimately happy for them. She knew Miranda always wanted a daughter and she knew Ben was going to do right by them so she had no worries.

Ben was peacefully sleeping in his bed when his phone rang. He looked at it and saw it was Callie. He groaned and put the phone back down. He punched his pillow a few times and then got up. He had gotten used to sleeping next to Miranda and without her sleep just wasn't as good. Now he was going to be at the baby shower sleepy. When Callie called again he answered. "I know Callie. If I'm late or forget the balloons you'll break my arms and legs. I'm getting up" he groaned and hung up the phone. He took a shower and slipped on a white shirt and some grey sweatpants. He put his baby shower outfit in a garment bag and headed out the door.

He stopped by the party to the store to pick up the balloon order. Then he headed to the building Callie and Arizona rented.

"I thought this was small" He joked as he walked in

"I'm going all out for my best friend" Callie smiled "She'll love it"

"She won't but she'll put up with it because she loves you" Arizona patted her wife's cheek

"Her parents coming" Callie asked

"They send their love" He shrugged "I mean the way he yelled at her. I wanted to throw him out of the house with my bare hands. Still can't believe he said I disrespected her"

"You told him about the flirting with the nurse" Callie asked

"No. He said by getting her pregnant I disrespected her. We're moving too fast"

"People do strange things after hitting the bottle"

"Where do you want the cake" Mark walked in

"Speaking of strange things people do after hitting the bottle" Arizona laughed causing Ben to laugh too

"Was that about me" Mark asked

"Just worry about that cake" Arizona smiled
They set the area up and admired their handiwork once they were done. Arizona and Callie really went all out for Miranda. Ben was glad they were her family. Especially specially since he didn't expect her parents to show.

"I'll go pick her up" Ben checked his watch

"Is Tuck with her" Callie asked

"Tuck is with Tucker, but they're coming to a party. They don't know it's a baby shower. She did not tell them that part"

"What" Callie got wide-eyed

"I am predicting that we will have to be on high alert. They say you marry a man like your father. For Miranda that was Tucker. So if her dad yelled at her like that, I imagine he would too" Ben crossed his arms

"Okay. Well at least her son will be here" Callie sighed

"So they don't know" Arizona asked

"She hasn't been telling people. Our families just found out. But I guess this party is the big reveal" He looked around "I better go get the guest of honor"
He got in his car and drove to Miranda's. He took his clothes inside with him so he could change.

"You have been running around all day like that" She asked looking at him like he was a piece of meat

"Hey we have a party to get to and we agreed on no sex" Ben kissed her forehead

"Don't wear those underwear with those pants ever again" She rolled her eyes

"Baby, the grey sweatpants phenomenon is just something propagated by social media" he laughed