CHAPTER 9: The Talk.

11/21/2024

      I

 still remembered quite clearly how that party ended.

   "Did you put a spell on me?" she inquired, her voice close to my ear.

   "I didn't even bother to light a candle for you" I replied, taking a deep breath at her proximity.

   "So, it was your insane personality that captivated me" she stepped back to look at me.

   "You have terrible taste" I joked to suppress the tingling sensation in the tips of my fingers.

   "Or splendid taste" she added with a slight laugh.

   "What made you dare to approach me like that today?"

 She shrugged. The movement revealed her collarbone, and I took the opportunity to kiss her.

   "I wanted to be happy..." she looked at me silently for a few seconds. "With you."

   "Do I make you happy?" I felt my heart swell with tenderness.

   "Thanks to you, I discovered that I have to live my life the way I want" she rested her head on my chest. "And that life with your foolishness is much more fun than I could ever dream of, despite all the stumbling blocks we've encountered."

   "I love you because you never gave up on me, which is greatly appreciated" I stroked her head slowly. "You got in here and here" I said, pointing to her mind and heart. "And you didn't judge me by the cover, but instead insisted on getting to know me."

 On the way home, we talked about how we realized we wanted more from each other.

   "I talked to Anaí, and she knew before I did, but instead of telling me..." I let her figure it out on my own after I racked my brain for about a whole week.

   "What did you do next?" she asked, putting her hands in the pockets of my jacket. I had to lend it to her because she was feeling cold.

   "Cry" I replied calmly. "A lot."

   "And THAT?" she looked at me confused.

   "Please, Mar. Being in love is a torment, a curse that wastes time" I became defensive. "Less talk and more telling me how you figured it out."

   "I had suspicions before what happened with Gael, but after that, I confronted the matter."

 The conversations that day didn't even end when we went to bed in my room.

   "Your pride wasn't going to get the best of me" she spoke happily.

   "It did" she cuddled up next to me to hug me. "I'm sleepy."

   "What are you doing?" I asked uncomfortably. "Don't hug me to sleep."

   "Why not?"

   "I don't like it. Besides, I move a lot when I sleep. What if I accidentally hit you?"

   "It's a risk I'm willing to take" she sighed tiredly under her pressure.

   "Goodnight, Mar."

   "What?" she responded surprised. "No goodnight kiss?"

   "No" I quickly replied, turning away from her embrace.

   "Ali!" I heard the tantrum and then how she moved to get her way. "Witch."