Got it

EVERETT POV

The second I got the call from Athena I was frantic. I dropped everything I was holding and rushed to my car. I've always known her to be calm and collected, so it was a surprise to hear her shaky voice on the other end of the phone.

I was usually a cautious driver, but not when it came to her safety. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over.

When I showed up at her apartment, I was shocked at what I saw. A heavier man towering over her scared and shaken frame. I wasn't sure what he had done yet, but I knew it wasn't anything good.

He raised his fists and she trembled, closing her eyes. She was used to this, she didn't shed a tear. No one should be used to this sick and twisted treatment. I grabbed his fist and bent his arm.

"Athena, are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I ask genuinely.

"Athena-" The man spoke, but he didn't deserve to speak.

"Shut the fuck up, I wasn't talking to you."

She nods, I assume answering the latter of the two questions as she was too stunned to say anything.

I push the man to the floor.

"What did he do, Athena?" I stand over the man and turn to my beautiful girl.

"H-he slapped me."

In that moment, all I saw was red. I wanted to beat the shit out of this man but I didn't want to deal with another lawsuit. I slapped him across the face. I was sure he wouldn't tell, knowing that he would get into trouble for what he did to Athena too.

"Was that all, baby?"

"Fucking slut! This is your sugar daddy, right? That's how you can afford all this bullshit like a god damn-" The man spoke. The second his words began to leave his mouth I was annoyed. She was far from a slut, and I was definitely not her sugar daddy.

"I. wasn't. fucking. talking. to. you." I grip his chin.

"Was that all, baby?" I ask again.

"Mhm," She answers.

I pick the man up by his collar and practically throw him outside. We take a little walk together down and outside her apartment. I shove him to the ground once again, punching him and then kneeling down by his side.

"You ever come near her again, and i'll cut your dick off and shove it in your ass. Do you fucking understand?"

"Y-yes."

"Good."

I go back into her apartment complex and lock the door leading outside. I head up the stairs to her apartment and through the busted door. I had so many questions to ask but I knew she needed time to process all of this as well, and become ready to tell me. I would wait.

Before I had the opportunity to think, my feet led me to her and I hugged her. I haven't hugged anyone since I was 7. I could tell she needed it, and every second was worth it.

She began to cry and come undone in my embrace. I had never comforted someone like this before, so I just gently scratched her scalp and ran my fingers through her hair. I heard a door creak further down the hallway.