Chapter 80

I look at the woman with a calm expression on my face.

She sits at my desk with an arrogant expression on her face.

She's dressed to nines and dolled up.

Looking at her, you wouldn't think this woman was an assassin, but someone's trophy wife.

The more I look at her, the more annoyed I feel.

I turn to Emmett.

"Escort Ms. Hale to the administration desk. Rachel will be waiting for you there." I tell him.

I don't miss the small glare he shoots at the woman before replies.

"Yes, ma'am." He says and takes Rosalie's hand. "Let's go."

Rosalie looks at me before following Emmett out of the office.

I wait until the door closes behind them.

"Get up." I say coldly.

She rolls her eyes and gets up, moving from behind my desk.

"You leave for a week and return with a new toy." She says. "Must have been bored with the little boy and brought a Barbie."

"I must admit, she's not bad. Still on the young side I see. The boy seems quite fond of her. Won't you grow jealous?"

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Oh the usual." She says, approaching me with a seductive gait. "You know I always have to check on you. Waiting for you to grow tired of playing with children and come back to the real thing."

I roll my eyes and take off my coat.

"How's that fiancé of yours?" I ask, hanging my coat.

"Who cares?" She says in annoyance.

"He'd be hurt to hear that." I say, walking to my desk.

"Don't change the subject." She says.

"Anyways..." I sit down in my chair. "I'm glad you're here. It saves me a trip to Italy."

Giovanna sits in the chair in front of me.

"I hear you've been selling information." I say.

"So you do know." She says nonchalantly.

"Why?" I ask.

"The client had a very tempting offer." She says. "Besides, I wouldn't give it away if I didn't think you'd be able to handle it. Am I wrong to trust your capabilities?"

"You're wrong to give away information exclusive to shareholders as said shareholder." I reply.

"It's not a big deal." She brushed off. "Consider it a way to help you snuff out your enemies."

"I don't need my enemies snuffed out." I say sharply. "And I don't need allies violating my trust."

Our eyes meet.

We stare at each other, neither one backing down.

Eventually, she looks away with a pout.

"Fine...." She says. "It won't happen again."

"I know." I say, making her glare at me. "Now that our business has been concluded, you can go. I have work to take care of."

"Actually..." Giovanna pulls an envelope out of her purse and slides it to me. "I have an invitation for you."

"An invitation?" I raise an eyebrow.

"My brother-in-law is throwing a masquerade ball." She says. "My sister is inviting you."