Chapter 11

Chapter 11 is dedictaed to @bittersweetfantasy :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jack knew Nico couldn't deny it. The Winter Spirit could see it in the son of Hades eyes. The usually dark eyes, glinting with madness and genius, were nowadays light as melted chocolate. For the first time, Nico looked truly happy. Despite his happy eyes, his injured face remained stoic as he stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Give Nico time to breath,"Jack got off the bed, flashing Nico a smile as he moved to Jamie's desk, "what you working on? I thought school would be cancelled?"

Jamie didn't even blink at the change of subject. He looked away from Nico and towards the desk. The son of Hades took the opportunity to move away from the pre-teen and sit on the bed. Taking off his jacket to let air flow around him a little better, he set it down besides him. Sophie kneaded over on her side, snuggling into the jacket, and in a matter of seconds, was fast asleep.

"-its a creative writing assignment...I have no idea what to write! I've been trying for days!" Jamie was complaining.

"Write about me!" Jack floated behind the boy, "it'll be easy."

"Cupcake already is..." Jamie deflated a little, "and I don't want the other Guardians to laugh at my story if I write about them."

Of all the things to tall about, Jack was talking about homework. The winter spirit had easily drawn Jamie away from his worries, and all the while, he'd changed the subject so he wouldn't have to answer questions. 'He had made it fun,' Nico couldn't help but think, 'he's always making everything fun.'

"They won't laugh," The winter spirit absently floated up to the ceiling, "if worse comes to worse, you can always write a story about Nico. Share it with your friends, get him more believers."

"What?" Nico snapped to attention.

"Can I?" Jamie questioned.

Caught off guard, Nico automatically answered "yes."

"Awesome!" Jamie scrambled under a pile of papers and pulled out a sleek looking laptop, "it has to be around 5,000 words...the teacher says she expects someone with a skill level like mine to write more-"

"I'm going to take Sophie to bed," Jack dropped down and untangled the blonde from Nico's jacket, "let you two get too it."

The white haired teen grinned at Nico, who stared stoically back at him until he'd left the room. Jamie jumped up on the bed, taking his sisters place, word document open.

"You're a real go getter, aren't you?" Nico asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"My dad says its one of my best traits!" Jamie said with a large smile, "so, what did Jack mean by you saved the world?"

"I think he was just taking creative liberties," Nico wondered if he'd ever been in a more awkward situation in his life. He didn't click with children. Jamie didn't seem to notice. The kid was so up beat it was slightly off putting. "And no one can ever just save the world not their own."

"So what happened?" Jamie's hands rested over the keys.

"I'm a demigod," Nico stood up, "or I was- doesn't matter-my fathers is Hades-"

"Wow," Jamie breathed, "that's awesome! So the gods exist?"

Nico turned to the window and rolled his eyes, "yeah, all of them."

"Wow," Jamie repeated.

"You've already said that-"

As he passed by the window, he paused, heart missing a best. Despite the dark shadows outside cast by the street lamps, the night seemed to be filled with a large array of colours. Nico nearly pressed himself up against the window, but controlled himself and settled for leaning heavily on the window ledge.