thirty one ౨ৎ

chenleyou home pretty

chenle
you home pretty

danyi
um it's nine pm
im lying in bed :)

chenle
get up sleepy
im taking you out

danyi
oh

chenle
time to see those skills u brag about
don't forget some water
and put sneakers out yeah

danyi
okay i guess
i'll run around n be sweaty
instead of laying in my comfy bed :(((

chenle
see you soon dani girl

• ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ • ౨ৎ •

dani giggled nervously, covering up the sound with a small scoff as she looked over to the boy, "i think you're just scared.." she shrugged her shoulders, "you're trying to sabotage me because you know I'm better than youuu," she teased the boy.

trying to copy his previous movements of dribbling the ball, focusing on the ball as she dribbled it, more like smacking the ball with her palm. looking at the boy in embarrassment when she missed the ball, watching as it rolled away from her.

pressing her lips together, shrugging her shoulders lightly, trying to act like she had meant to do that but her flushed cheeks betrayed her. chenle smirked, making a point to look between the rosy-cheeked girl and the ball that was halfway down the court.

"don't think i could make you worse if i tried dani," he laughed, jogging the small distance to where the ball had rolled. dribbling it a couple of times, before passing it back to dani. standing down the court, "you remember what i taught you yeah?"

"yes captain!" she nodded at the boy, dribbling the ball once again, this time focusing even harder, not letting the ball get away from her again.

chenle shook his head in amusement, smiling at the focused girl before he got a little more serious. not giving her a warning, running back over to the girl with the intention of stealing the ball. dani seeing his figure rushing closer in the corner of her eye, a squeal immediately leaving her lips. stopping her dribbling altogether, shrinking in on herself as she froze in the spot.

chenle laughed loudly, his hands resting on his knees as he bent over, not able to hold himself upright through all his laughter. he was trying to talk, but his words were too jumbled with his loud laughter. dani stood looking at him with red cheeks, her lips pouted, unable to understand what he was saying.

"hey" she whined out, "stop, it's scary! i don't know how you guys block people," she defended herself, walking back over to the ball she had abandoned. sending the boy a small glare when he still hadn't sobered up after a minute.

"okay, let's try again," she shook her head, trying to get back in the "game mode," as chenle had called it earlier. "im ready this time," she promised, bouncing the ball underneath her hand again. only for chenle's arm to shoot out from behind her, snaking around her waist as he smacked the ball away from the girl.

dani froze again for a moment before she turned around, looking at the boy with another glare on her face, chenle having to hold back his laughter. the expression not matching her cute face, letting dani think she had the chance to grab the ball, but taking a step back every time, keeping the ball out of her reach.

dani groaned, looking up to the ceiling, she wasn't a fan of basketball. she knew she wouldn't be able to steal the ball away, looking down just in time to see chenle sprint down the court, sinking the ball into the net.

the two continued the game for a while, though dani never managed to steal or block the ball from chenle, only watching as he made the ball into the net every time. chenle took pity on the girl, even suggesting a different game, hoping the girl might have better luck but she only added more fails to her pathetic attempt at basketball.

"aw come on dani," chenle teased the winded girl, his eyes trailing over her red cheeks and the light shine of sweat across her pale skin. the boy a complete contrast to dani, looking composed as he continued to dribble the ball against the court. dani ignored the boy, laying herself down on the cool floor, feeling more tired than she could ever remember. the night reminding her that she wasn't an athletic person, and she was pretty sure it was past her bedtime.

hearing a hum dani cracked open her tired eyes, looking up to find chenle standing above her, holding out a water bottle. immediately reached up for it, drinking what felt like the whole bottle in a few seconds, just now realizing how thirsty and out of breath she had been.

wiping at her mouth after, screwing the lid back on as she laid back down again, her chest still rising and falling rapidly. the redness seemed to stain her cheeks, though this time it was due to her running. chenle sipped on the drink, shaking his head at the girl, copying her motions, and lying on the floor as well.

the gym was now quiet, the missing echoes of the ball and the squeak of their shoes made the space feel empty, only the quiet sound of the pairs breathing filling the air. "you know," chenle broke the silence after a couple of minutes, "i think you might be worse than jisung, and that's saying a lot."

dani looked over at the boy, her eyes slightly widened in surprise. an image of the tall boy playing basketball popped up in her mind, and dani laughed at the image. not being able to envision the boy playing the sport, and if he did, she didn't think he'd be on any lineup soon.

"i must be pretty bad then," she spoke, though she already knew the answer. chenle agreed with the girl, not seeing any basketball in her future, though he did have more fun with her on the court.

"think you might need to get him in here dani, might be the game of a century," he teased, but he knew the only way jisung would voluntarily walk in the gym, let alone play the sport was if dani asked. he turned towards the girl, seeing how her cheeks had flushed a darker shade of red at the mention of his friend's name.