His Return!

Mina Ashido, a 15 year old hero in training at the prestigious UA High,  watched her TV in fear. The television showed All Might, and a handful of heroes fight against a powerful villain in a mask. Worst of all was that she watched Eijiro Kirishima and four other classmates fight to rescue Katsuki Bakugo. The heroes and her classmates were not losing ground.

     The super vilian was bragging the entire fight. Telling All Might that Tomura Shigaraki was the grandson of his former Master. Then, he bragged how his second apprentice had joined the hero course. Mina was wide-eyed when it happened. Tears spilling as her entire world was shattered in an instant.

   Katsuki Bakugo stopped moving and stood to his full height. A maniacal grin adorning his face. "Sorry shitty hair. But I've fulfilled my mission. Goodbye 1A!" He shouted before spinning on his heels and blasting both Shoto Todoroi and Eijiro with the most powerful explosion anyone had ever seen. All Might and the heroes froze as they turned to see the two boys covered in smoke and rubble. Blood oozing from both of their limp bodies. The rest of the 1A students were in tears as they tried to back up. Babbling incoherently as fear and sorrow filled their hearts.

     "YOUNG BAKUGO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?! THEY'RE YOUR FRIENDS!!! WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK THEM!?!?" All Might roared as the bombastic Pomeranian chuckled darkly before turning to face the mighty hero. "Friends? Sorry, Toshinori Yagi. But you and your brats are not my friends. I am no hero. Not even close. Hehehe, with all the kills under my belt, only Tenko and Sensei have more than me. You know for years I wanted to be you. To be the strongest. The number one. Unbeatable. But when I found out that you're just another piece of quirkless filth who had all his power given to him by some pathetic cunt who felt bad for you. Well, let's just say my descent furthered that day. One For All is a powerful quirk, Toshinori. But it's not yours. You are just like Deku. Nothing but worthless trash that deserves death!!!"

    Mina was a wreck as she watched Bakugo and heard his speech. That word. That goddamn word 'Deku' stirred up memories long forgotten.

  Flashback begins...

    Memories of the boy who died to save her life so long ago. The green hair and eyes. His freckled cheeks. His unyielding courage. He faced off against Bakugo and his cronies after they had brutalized her. Yet when all seemed lost for the little 8 year old the boy called Deku rushed in without an ounce of fear. "What can you hope to do against us, you quirkles freak?!" Bakugo cackled as his palms erupted. Mina was barely able to stay conscious as her body was covered in burns. Looking up, she sees the small boy look back to her with a smile. "It'll be okay. I won't let you down." Deku said as he turned back to face the angry boys.

    "Bakugo. For years, I stood by and let you hurt me and others. All because you believed yourself to be the best. I will not stand by anymore! You are no hero. You are nothing but a goddamn villain. I may have no quirk. But I have a power you never will!" Deku shouted as he rushed the boys. Mina watched in awe as the boy tanked even more powerful blows than she did. He fought without a quirk but with everything he had. He beat the cronies, but the explosive mutt, however was far too strong for him to defeat. She watched unable to move from all the injuries she suffered. Tears fell as she watched the boys' limbs get blown off. He kept fighting with unbelievable strength of will until finally his legs and arms were destroyed.  She screamed as she looked into the boy's emerald eyes. The light slowly fading from them. "I'm sorry.... I couldn't.... do more.... for you..." Deku said as Mina crawled to the boy. She grabbed his shoulder as her eyes scanned around. The boys had vanished.

    It was just them as his life faded. "You... did enough... Deku... stay with me.... please don't go?!" Mina begged but the boy even on deaths door simply smiled. "I'm afraid... I have no choice.... stay strong... and live.... for me..." Deku said with the last of his breath as mina wept hard.