Shock

"W--w-what?" Ran spluttered in shock when he came back to his hometown, Kyoto, to learn that Akira passed away a month ago.

"Hai, Ran-kun. My little Akira passed away," Mrs. Kagawa said in tears as she gave Ran an envelope containing twelve pieces of paper, "Akira told me to give you these if I ever had to chance to see you again."

"Arigato Gozaimasu, Kagawa-san," Ran said as tears flowed down his cheeks, "may I ask where is Akira buried?"

"In the graveyard two streets down," Mrs. Kagawa said as she pointed to the direction where Ran should go.

"Arigato Gozaimasu, Kagawa-san. I'm so sorry for your loss," Ran said as he gave Mrs. Kagawa a warm hug before rushing out the door.

"Here you are," Ran said as he looked up at the gravestone.

Akira Kagawa

October 10th, 2001 - December 20th, 2021

A kind, compassionate, and selfless friend

"Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel" ~Tupac Shakur

"KIRA!" Ran yelled at the sky, "Why didn't you tell me, why? Why did you have to be so selfless, so pure?"

There was no response except a soft breeze. The Sakura flowers on the trees were flowing lightly and gracefully as some petals fell off, dancing with the wind.

"Kira," Ran sobbed as he knelt in front of his grave, "why did you never tell me you loved me!"

There was no response either.

"W--w--w-hy?" Ran wept as he buried his face into his hands, "I love you so much, it hurts. W-w-hy did you leave me all alone?"

He felt a light touch grazing his shoulder. The part where Akira used to touch when she either congratulated him or needed his attention.

Ran turned around, only to see the Sun directly in the middle of the sky shining beautifully and a double rainbow, brightening the whole sky with a burst of color.

____________________

And that's the end! Did you like it?

I just intended this story to be short, sad, and emotional :'(

Tbh, I kind of cried writing this too....

Hope you still liked it though! If you like it, please vote on the chapters and/or follow me :) It would make my day :D

Clarisse