"Nurturing Love"

After a busy first half schedule at the office, Viyansh's day took an unexpected turn. His meeting concluded by 3 PM, and he realized that he might have unintentionally upset Vaidehi. Aware that she could be angry, Viyansh decided to make amends and surprise her with something special. Knowing that Vaidehi loved waffles, Viyansh took the time to visit their home and pick up her favorite waffles. Despite the bustling schedule, he managed to reach home by 4 PM. The anticipation of how Vaidehi would react added a layer of excitement to his mission.
As he entered the house, he carefully held the box of waffles, hoping to find Vaidehi and surprise her.

Viyansh anxiously called out to his wife.

Viyansh: "Biwi, kaha ho tum?" (Where are you).

He meticulously searched the living area, but Vaidehi was nowhere to be found. Deciding to inquire with the kitchen staff, he headed towards the kitchen where some servants were busy with their chores.

Viyansh asked one of the maids.

Viyansh: "Kaki, Vaidehi kaha hai?" (Kaki, where is Vaidehi?).

Maid: "Vaidehi beti toh subah se kamre me hai aur khana bhi nahi khaya hai unhone." ( Vaidehi has been in her room since morning and hasn't had any food.) 

Concern etched on his face, Viyansh acknowledged her response with a nod and proceeded towards their room.

As he ascended the stairs, Viyansh pondered.

Viyansh: "Lagta hai bahut zyada naraz hai meri Jaan aaj, chalo biwi Jaan ka ye roop bhi dekh le." (Seems like my dear wife is quite upset today. Well, let's witness this facet of my beloved wife.)

He chuckled at his own thoughts. Upon entering their room, he discovered Vaidehi curled up on the bed, cocooned in a blanket. Viyansh, having tossed his blazer on the couch, approached her.

Viyansh: "Jaan, I know aap bahut zyada naraz hongi, but I was really stuck in a meeting," (I know you must be very angry, but I was genuinely caught up in a meeting.)

Viyansh expressed remorsefully. However, Vaidehi remained silent, not turning or responding. Undeterred, Viyansh placed the packet of waffles on the side table and joined her on the bed, wrapping his arms around her.

Viyansh: "Biwi, I'm sorry yaar, but now I'll take you for dinner," ( I'm sorry, but now I'll take you out for dinner.)

He promised. This time, he noticed faint sounds of sobbing. Concerned, Viyansh turned Vaidehi towards him, only to find tears streaming down her face.

Viyansh: "Biwi, kya hua tum ro kyu rahi ho? Meri vajah se, I'm so sorry biwi," (why are you crying? I'm so sorry if it's because of me.)

Viyansh expressed genuine remorse. Her cries persisted, prompting him to make her sit and gently hold her hands, seeking to understand the source of her distress.

Viyansh: "Jaan, please rona band kar do. Pakka, next time meeting chhod ke aa jaunga, lekin tumhe naraz nahi karunga."
(please stop crying. I promise, next time, I'll leave the meeting and come to you, but I won't let you be upset.)

Vaidehi, her eyes filled with tears, responded.

Vaidehi: "Main aapki vajah se nahi ro rahi." (I'm not crying because of you.)

Viyansh: "Then? Batao kya hua, kisine kuch kiya?"(Then why? Tell me, did something happen?)

A hint of embarrassment flushed her face as she struggled to express the source of her distress.

Vaidehi: "Ah vo... main na," (Uh, well... I, um...)

Viyansh: "Bolo bhi biwi, dara rahi ho tum mujhe," ( Come on, say. You're scaring me.)