Chapter 19

We've got our first ever fan art!!! Holy shit! Thank you so much to one of my lovely readers (MomiChera) for creating this beautiful piece of the iconic wall scene! <333

Blaze was quick to bolt out of the cinema's diner. Still able to feel his mate's gaze on him even once he left the small building. He'd never been hit on before like that, unless you count Max from Kai's birthday party. Was he actually being hit on by the worker just before? Or was he simply just being friendly?

Guessing from Kai's displeased glare, he gathered the answer would be yes. He was flirting.

It's not like he flirted back, though. Did he? Honestly, the whole interaction is a blur in his mind, due to a mix of nerves and embarrassment.

He made it back to the car in recorded time, probably due to his speed walking. Something he tends to unconsciously do when he begins to overthink. His eyes took in their setup, trying to decide where he should sit. The three of them are going to have to share the mattress together laid out in the back of the car, unless he decided to join Ryder and Elias. Fortunately for him, he had no interest in interrupting whatever they will get up to tonight. Instead, Blaze opted to take a seat on the right side of the mattress, pulling one of the two blankets over himself and getting somewhat comfortable.

The ads were already playing on the big screen, giving him something to concentrate on when Kai and Silas returned. Silas with a smirk pointed in his direction, and Kai wearing a frown. Silas plonked himself down on the left side of the mattress, getting himself snug by wrapping the second blanket around him and pillow resting behind himself. "That worker was cute, wasn't he, Blaze?" Silas asked teasingly.

"Shut up Silas," Kai growled lowly, before climbing into the boot and half lying/half sitting between the both of them.

Silas laughed. "What has gotten your panties in a twist? I was just asking a friendly question." Silas threw up his hands in defence. "At least can I ask if you're going to take him up on his offer?" Blaze didn't know if Silas was asking Kai for permission to ask or directing the question towards him. Probably both.

"We aren't waiting around here after the movie ends," Kai snaps.

Silas rolled his eyes. "Well, obviously not us. I'm sure whatever his name is would be happy to take Blaze back to the cabin later."

"No."

"I didn't realise your name was Blaze?" Silas raised an eyebrow at his best friend. Blaze noticed the moment Kai's jaw clenched and his nostrils flaring in annoyance.

"Have you not heard of stranger danger?" Kai responds after some time, which effectively gets Silas to drop it since instead he decides to stuff his face with popcorn as the movie's introduction begins and the lights surrounding them dim.

Blaze couldn't draw his eyes away from Kai, despite the movie playing in the background. "I wasn't going to meet him afterwards," Blaze whispered, wanting him to know. Kai didn't respond or look away from the movie screen. Blaze would've thought he hadn't heard the words, if it wasn't for the fact that his grip on his popcorn released a little afterward.