The Mysterious Wardrobe

No one spoke for the next thirty minutes.

Susan sat over there seething at Peter while glaring a hole in the floor boards.

Peter was trying to think of a way to resolve the solution, calmly and adult like.

Edmund didn't care, he just didn't want to get yelled at by Peter.

Lucy was just sitting there quietly, she always caught herself staring at the girl next to her, Arabella, Lucy recalled Peter telling everyone.

Arabella sat there, her eyes squeezed shut, tears leaking down her face. She couldn't believe her luck, with that girl just looking at her and instantly hating her. 'What did I ever do to her?' Arabella kept thinking that phrase and answers to it, but none of them matched up.

The train screeched to a halt, the conductor running around, yelling what stop they're at, hollering that the kids better get off now or wait another ten hours, without food or the bathroom.

"We 'oughta get off guys, it's our stop." Peter stood up as he commanded his small family, grabbing his luggage from the overhead and watched as his other siblings did the same and shuffled out, Susan, glaring daggers at him as she left. "Arabella, we gotta-um-go." Peter turned to the young girl, who was already standing up and grabbing her bag from up top.

As Peter left, he listened to the white headed girl behind. She was making almost no noise, besides her minimal sniffling, she was as quiet as a mouse.

Stepping off the train, Peter turned to the train door and held a hand out to Arabella, wanting to be the kind and courteous and not appear to be a blonde Susan.

Taking his hand, Arabella stepped down from the high train. Mumbling more to herself, she gave him a thanks and curtly walked away, to the opposite end of the small wooden train station of the Pevensie family and promptly sitting on the edge, staring out into the road.

"Peter we really should-" Susan began, but Peter quickly shushed her.

"Susan, you can just keep quiet. You are going to have to suck up your pride and get used to her because most likely she is going to be staying in a room with you and Lucy, so get used to her. At least learn to stay in the same room with her without yelling insults at her." Susan looked away from her brother and he nodded, pleased that he got her to shut up.

Everyone sat there, the train long gone now. Now they have to wait for their new caretaker to come and pick them up.

The Pevensie's had small talk, very small talk. In other words it was just Edmund complaining how it was taking too long.

Arabella sat on the edge, her eyes shut, and a small smile played her lips, the wind kicking her hair, their fingers pulling at her hair, trying to pull her with them, away from her pain. Her ears just listening to the nature around her.

The wind tickling the trees leaves, the bird singing their beautiful songs, a distant river danced over the rocks in its bed, bees buzzing to the tune ever present in their head as they lead others to the flowers. But something stood out in the symphony of nature, something off beat.

Clip clop. Clip clop. Over and over again. contrasting the tempo of the song.

Opening her eyes, Arabella glanced down the dirt road, she caught a glance of a strawberry colored horse with white stockings coming this way. Behind him bumped a leather buggy, and sitting atop the coaches seat sat a displeased old woman.

"Whoa, whoa." The woman beckons her horse to a stop and Arabella rises to her feet, all the Pevensies standing beside her, also hearing the horse drawn carriage.