CHAPTER TWO

"Mom, I need to ask you something..."

I had to ask her right away but I couldn't find the perfect excuse. But something just clicked and I knew I had to say it.... It's now or never.

"Mom, I'm traveling to Italy after tomorrow."

The expression on her face was nerve wracking because I couldn't tell whether she was angry, happy or.... I don't know!

"May I ask why you suddenly decided to travel there all of the sudden?"

"I just decided that I needed to get away to have some me time. And don't worry, Jasmine will be there."

"Do you think I care whether she will or will not be there? Let me make one thing clear to you, you are not going anywhere young lady, you will stay her and make yourself useful during your wedding preparations."

"My what! Don't tell me you're serious."

"Oh yes i am, the young man is interested in marrying you so, forget about your little trip."

"You are such a bitch do you know that? You have absolutely no right to make decisions for me. I am going to Italy and that's final."

"I will not tolerate you call me names, you better take that back or else."

"Or else what?" The tension in the room was too much. Mom just stared at me with a deadly eye and I was just so angry with her I couldn't help myself but curse at her.

"I have had enough." And just like that, she left the room in a fit of anger. I would have stopped her but I wasn't ready for another argument.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! Ugh...." They finally did it, they fixed my marriage with Dante and I wasn't planning on spending the rest of my life with a total stranger. I only had one thing in mind, and that was to flee to Italy and never come back.

I rushed to my closet, grabbed my suitcase, threw in some clothes and slowly tip toes my way out the room.

The hallway was utterly quiet so I figured my parents were asleep. I carried the suitcase, and managed to make my way out to the house without been caught.

I ran for my life until I made it passed the gates. I was planning on taking a cub to the airport but the road seemed empty. I should have thought this through. Walking helplessly and all alone on the street, I saw a cub coming my direction, probably returning home after a stressful day of work.

I had to stop him so I did what any stranded girl would do, stand in front of a moving car and hopefully enough, it would stop. Lucky for me it did.

"Are you insane miss, I would have run you over with my car."

"But you didn't. I really need your help."

"If you want me to give you a ride, I'm sorry but I'm off working hours and I'm in my way home so I think you need to look for another driver."

"Please sir, I need to leave now, I'm being chased by some weirdos and I need to get to the airport as soon as possible."

"But...."

"Please sir, I'll even give you extra."

After some time...

"(Sighs) fine, you can get in.

I got into the car and I'm just happy to say that despite little to no though at all, my escape plan came together nicely.

We got to the airport and I rushed to get myself a ticket to Italy. On the bright side,ni managed to get a ticket but the dark side, I had to wait till tomorrow till the next plane to Italy. Never in a million years would I dream of spending a night at an airport, all alone in the cold but at least there was some security available.

***************

The next morning, I got up, used the restroom and finally, my flight was in two minutes. The laguagge was all checked and scanned and finally I got on the plane. I sent a quick text to Jasmine telling her I was on my way to Italy and there after, switched it off and enjoyed the rest of my trip.

I slept the whole way till we got to Italy. When I got off the plane, there were so many people there and I felt so lost. I've always flown private and I have never stept into an actual packed airport.

Most people spoke in Italian and because I couldn't understand anything, I feared to approach them until.....

"Lou!"

I knew instantly who it was.... My life saver.

She rushed over and gave me the tightest hug and literally leaving me breathless.

"Thank goodness you came, I was starting to have a panick attack."

"I know you Lou, you can't make it a second in a place like this, some spoilt brat you are."

"You can judge me all you want but please get me out of here, I need to take a shower and have something to eat."

"You're lucky mom made you your favorite food."

"She still remembered?"

"Of course she did. Now let's go I bet she's waiting for us."

We got in the car and finally reached home. Jass carried my laguagge to the guest room while I remained catching up with miss Costello.

When I got freshened up, we gathered on the dining table to have some dinner.

"Lou, what did you tell your mom, did you make up an excuse or you stuck up with the truth?" Jass asked, stuffing her mouth with pasta.

"Yeah umm, I told her you needed my help with some job appearances."

"And she believed it?"

"Yeah, why not? It's not like I ran away or something."

"That would be stupid of you to do that."

"Well, not if you did it to save yourself from a life of torture."

"Anyway.... Now that you're here, what do you think we should do tomorrow?"

"I don't know, what does this place have to offer?"

"We could go rock climbing, zip lining, water rafting, canoeing,....."

"I think I pick canoeing, it's a bit less involving."

"If you say so."

After dinner, Jass and I stayed up catching up the whole night long until we fell asleep. I think I'm gonna like it here after all.