PART 15 : SAPIOSEXUAL

"You're live in ten, nine, eight ..." It was when the director's countdown had gotten to 'five', that Muna felt her phone vibrate between her legs on the chair she sat on. She forgot to set it on 'DND' so no sounds would be made at all, not even a vibration. She quickly did that and was about to turn off her phone's data when she got a message that made her smile.

"Break a leg at your show today. I'll be watching. xxx"

She was still smiling so hard after reading Audrina's message, and when the director's countdown reached 'one', she still had the smile on her face.

She introduced the show in her presenter's voice, which Dave had told her one day sounded a lot like Olivia Pope's voice.

He wasn't the only one who had told her.

"Hello, beautiful people! You're welcome to yet another episode of "Shade Corner." I am Muna Anosike, aka your mother's favourite daughter-in-law and I've got my fellow shade partner here. What's up, Abiodun?"

She turned to her co-anchor, and the camera frame went to him.

"Muna ma nigga! Waguan gee?"

She smiled after the last word and went on to banter a bit with him, introduce the episode, and make some remarks about her co-anchor's outfit, which she referred to as 'color-blocking'.
After nearly an hour had passed, she wrapped up the show but gave a shoutout to Audrina, but it was an indirect shoutout, and she hoped Audrina had picked it. Well, assuming she had watched till the end of the show.

"... and we're off."

The director announced, and the channel switched to a musical video, Shakara by Ckay ft Ice Prince.

It was a really cool song, which Muna loved and had added to the playlist for her show's ending credits. When it came to music selection, Muna's prowess was astonishing. Her colleagues wondered why she wasn't a DJ at this point.

Anyways, Muna knew she was one day going to do something that required her good taste in music and the finesse with which her musical handling is displayed whenever she has the aux cord.

She took some pictures with her co-anchor and the guest they had on the show, who eventually exchanged numbers with her.

They also gave each other their Instagram and Twitter handles and just like that, Muna had another verified artist added to her social media following.

Social networking.

She did it with ease and her work made her really accessible to a lot of celebrities. Networking has never been easier since applications have been developed to foster this phenomenon, and people can access social media through many channels.

All the numbers are saying that social networking is becoming popular in the modern day and social networking is the most profitable way to reach a wider range of audiences with a limited budget. In other words, one might say that social media is the most effective marketing strategy. However, people tend to forget a more important matter: global poverty.

To make a difference, a person only needs to make a 30-second phone call to his or her local government representative in the area, and it only takes less than two minutes to post a link and express concern about international affairs issues, but having that contact is quite a luxury.

To do literally anything in Nigeria, you need to have long legs. In other words, you will have an excruciatingly hard time getting something, no matter how deserving you are of it, if you do not know the right people in the system.

The system is fucked. It's rigged to the detriment of the average man and that is why many people resonate deeply with any grass-to-grace story that goes viral. A good one was the time Laycon and Efe won the popular and controversial reality TV show, Big Brother Naija.