11.

continuation chapter.

"I'm still not feeling well amore

"I'm still not feeling well amore." Rafael says as Gianna cuts on his bedroom light, she grabbed the thermometer in order to take his temperature again, waiting for the beep she feels his forehead seeing that he was still burning up. A sigh escapes her lips as she looked at the thermometer as it beeped.

"101.2, okay let's go to the hospital. I think you may have the flu or something." She said getting up from the bed and getting dressed, after assisting him the two made their way out of the condo and to her truck.

Gianna was becoming more nervous by the second, she wished that she had taken him earlier in the evening. Her hand gripped the steering wheel as Rafeal leaned his head against the passenger side window.

"You're okay amore, were almost there." She said holding his free hand, as she focused on the road she bit at her bottom lip.

"Amore... How far are we?" He questioned inhaling deep as he tried to keep himself from vomiting in her car, he tightened the grip on her hand as he groaned.

"Just a few more blocks. Do you feel like you need to-"

Leaning over Rafeal soon emptied the contents of his stomach which wasn't much. Gianna let out a breath before rolling down her windows as she approached the entrance, as the nurses got him into the emergency center, she raced to the bathroom in order to clean out her car.

--
"I can't believe he threw up in my car, I'm sorry midnight." She whined talking to her car as she kept spraying disinfectant as she continued to clean up the vomit.

She wasn't able to get to his room right away, so she cleaned up and pouted while she finished up.

Gagging in the process of wiping up the last of his vomit she scrunched up her face as she tossed away the napkins, smiling at the fact that it looked as good as new she locked her car and washed her hands before going to the elevator.

Remembering his room number being announced by a nurse, she headed for the third floor.
-—

"He has a severe case of Influenza with slight dehydration from the constant vomiting he's done; but he will be fine." Dr. Casanova said with a smile as Gianna returned the gesture.

She wanted to call her family and let them know but decided against it knowing they were asleep.

Yawning she rubs her eyes with her free hand while holding his rubbing her fingertips against his knuckles as he slept.

"Grazie dottore, how long will he be here?" She questioned holding his hand as he slept, the medicine he was given had finally kicked in.

"Just a few days, he should be out by Monday morning," he said as she nodded. "You are more than welcome to stay with him; now I'll leave you two along to get some rest." Dr. Casanova said with a smile before walking out of the room.

Reaching her hand up Gianna rubbed his curls softly before kissing his cheek, soon becoming sleepy herself she grabbed a warm blanket from the cabinet and laid across the couch. She would occasionally wake up when the nurses came to check on him and change his I V, but she wouldn't leave his side, she couldn't even if she wanted to.

—-

The sounds of Gianna's voice had awoke him from his medicated sleep

The sounds of Gianna's voice had awoke him from his medicated sleep. A groan escaped his lips as he exhaled.

"Amore?" He called for her as she sauntered over to his bedside, she caressed his face kissing his forehead.

"I'm here, I never left your side,." She said placing a bag of food for them both, a burger and fries to her and a soup for him since he couldn't have any heavy foods until he was one hundred percent better. "I went to get us some food."

"Grazie Amore." He smiled as she placed the bowl of soup onto the table, pulling it beside her since it has wheels she opened the spoon and top.

"You're welcome, it's Pastina soup, something simple until your stomach feels better." She said as he could smell the soup, smiling a little at the fact that she was babying him; he thought it was adorable that she has gone into full girlfriend mode.

Blowing the soup so that it wouldn't burn his tongue, Gianna brought the spoon to his lips as he opened his mouth, his blinked as his grey irises moved rapidly.

"Is it good?" She questioned as he gave her a nod as she scooping another spoonful into his mouth, she waited a moment eager to hear his response.

"It's very good amore mio, I appreciate you so much, this makes me fall more and more in love with you. Your caring nature and kindness is something I will always love." He said as Gianna blushed popping a fry into her mouth after dipping it into sauce.

"Just know I'll always care for you Rafeal. Always.." She said as he reached his hand out toward her, she leaned forward as he caressed her cheek softly.

"Can I ask you something Gia?"

"Sure." She spoke softly, popping another fry into her mouth.

"Would you like to be married one day, have a family with someone?"

"Oh yes! I'd love a big family, maybe five babies. I don't know, whatever God blesses me with." She said as Rafeal smiled softly. "what about you?"

"I'd love to be a husband one day, I'd cherish my wife with all the love I could muster up, and when she has my child or children they will know that I always loved them. Though I can't see, my energy will always show how I feel."

Gianna couldn't help by feel a little emotional, she really was falling for him, she continued to feed him until she became full.

She gave him some of her lemonade to wash down the soup before his next round of medications were given.

In his heart he hoped that one day they'd have a family
and be married, he could only pray that God would
allow that to happen for them.
—-

As the day went on Gianna remained at the hospital, she let Amina know that she would have to hang out with her another time, feeling bad that Amina soon became irritated ignoring her responses all together. She felt like she was being put on the back burner since Rafael was now in the picture full time.

"Amore, come lay with me. I think this bed is large enough." He said as Gianna chuckled knowing that he wanted to be up under her when they slept.

"I can try to squeeze in, the wires are in the way."

"Please try?" He said poking out his bottom lip as she laughed.

Crawling into the bed beside him, Gianna pulled a cover over them both making sure to be in a comfortable position knowing he wouldn't get her sick. Rafael caressed her hips and thigh as they listened to an Italian tv show; falling asleep with the tv on.

🥹