Day 2: Tattoo

Day 2: Tattoo
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece.

Marco awoke happy and content with staying in bed. A pressure was on his chest that was warm and it brought a smile to the the blonde's face. He looked down onto the sleeping face of his lover, Ace. Marco took this time to get a good look at his sleeping flame.
He mentally counted each of the freckles splattered across tan cheeks while promising himself to kiss each and every one of them, again. Marco observed the second division commander's wavy dark brown hair. The older man began to run his fingers through it as he often did to the younger male. His blue eyes traveled downwards to their father's mark.
The symbol of their bond as family was etched into Ace's skin on his back. The beautiful mark was covering his entire back and Marco loved it. The blue eyed male let his hands glide over the ink covered back while smiling as he felt Ace nuzzle onto his chest. As his eyes continued to roam over the body of his lover stopping when he came across Ace's other tattoo.
This tattoo confused Marco as he often thought of the meaning behind it. It couldn't have been a mistake as Ace wouldn't have let whoever tattooed it do that. Besides most tattoos had a story behind them and Marco would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit curious on Ace's story.
Ace's eyes fluttered open and he began to stretch on top of Marco. Marco chuckled, "Good morning Ace, yoi." Ace yawned and smiled tiredly up at Marco. "Good morning my flaming turkey." Marco sighed slightly annoyed at the stupid nickname but still kissed Ace's forehead gently. He then slid out from under Ace and began to pull some clothes on.
Marco pulled out a pair of Ace's short from a drawer and tossed them at the fire user laying on his bed. "You actually have some here?" Ace asked while laughing. Marco nodded with a smile, "With how often you sleep here I figured it was for the best, yoi." Ace smiled brightly and got up to get dressed. The freckled man finished rather quickly and waited for his older lover.
Marco on the other hand was taking his time to put his blue sash around his waist. While doing that the blonde saw it as a perfect opportunity to ask about the tattoo located on Ace's left bicep. "Ace I've been meaning to ask this for a while now but what's the story behind your tattoo, yoi?"
Ace's eyes widened as he tried his best to banish thoughts of his dead brother, Sabo. "What are you talking about Marco? What story?" Ace said hoping Marco would drop the subject. Marco turned to Ace with a frown. "Ace I know you and I know for certain that you wouldn't let some stranger make a mistake that big on your body. It has to have some meaning to it, yoi."
Ace forced a laugh that sounded unconvincing even to his own ears. "Its nothing Marco. You're making a big deal about this. Let's just go to breakfast." Marco frowned worried for his lover as he had a sad look to his eyes. "Its not nothing Ace. It obviously means something to you, yoi." Ace clenched his fists before he yelled at Marco. "I said its nothing! Why the hell can't you just drop it!? It is none of your business anyways!"
With that said Ace ran out leaving Marco shocked. For the rest of the day Marco couldn't find Ace no matter how hard he searched. The blonde felt guilty because he didn't know that it would hurt his flame that much to ask about his unique tattoo. Late at night when Marco was almost finished with some paper work someone knocked on the door.
Before he could ask who it was the person began to speak. "Marco can I please come in?" The first division commander instantly recognized the voice of his lover. He stood quickly and opened the door. "Ace come on in already." Ace nodded with a guilty look to his eyes. "Look I'm sorry about this morning I didn't mean to yell at you," Ace said once the both of them got comfortable and the door was shut.
"No Ace it should be me apologizing. I shouldn't have pressured you like that, yoi." Ace smiled and beckoned Marco over to the bed. The older man returned the smile and complied. After the two were settled on the bed in a position similar to that of when they woke up in the morning Ace began to talk.
"To explain my tattoo I guess I should talk about my brother, Sabo. Sabo was my first friend and he was basically my brother. He helped me get through some tough stuff and overall was a great guy. I met him way before Luffy, the brother I constantly talk about." Marco listened quietly as Ace began to tell him all about Sabo and Luffy.
Marco held Ace tightly as he reached the part where Ace and Luffy were separated from Sabo by the pirates and Sabo's father. From the fire, to the time he came back to the bandits and Ace learned of Ace's death, Marco listened patiently and held Ace. While the fire user continued to talk glad to have someone he could trust and rely on.
With Marco, Ace felt completely safe and loved. This is why he trusted Marco with his life story. After he finished Ace was in tears, sobbing into Marco's chest. Marco whispered sweet assuring words into his right ear while rubbing circles into his uncovered back. "Thank you for sharing with me Ace. It means a lot." Ace nodded and sat up while wiping his tears.
"I love you so much Marco. I trust you and you make me so happy." Marco smiled and sat up as well. "And I love you Ace. You make me extremely happy, yoi." With that the two leaned in and passionately shared a kiss. They layed back down together and fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.