Day 3: Flowers

Day 3: Flowers
Disclaimer I do not own One Piece.

Midnight approached and lights were hung on parts of the deck. Illuminating the night sky as pirates danced and sang in celebration of the new year. It was something the Whitebeard Pirates did practically every month sometimes for random reasons yet none of them got tired of it.
Despite always joining the celebration this time Portgas D. Ace refused to take a part in the party. Thats because in about an hour it will be his birthday. Ace hated his birthday because on that day he lost his mother in exchange for his life. He didn't think he deserved to live so he dedicated his life to living for others who don't have this opportunity.
The freckled man sighed and stared out into the dark water's of the ocean. On this day he just couldn't help but let dark thoughts enter his mind. "Whatever you're thinking stop it, yoi. I've told you before that you deserve to live Ace. Its the reason your mother traded her life for yours. Besides I know that I can't imagine my life without you,yoi." Ace cracked a small smile and turned around to face the first division commander, Marco.
Still thoughts of his worth swirled around his head refusing to leave despite Marco's words. Before he could sink further into his depressive state Marco spun him around in a circle and kissed him. It was a long and gentle kiss. When they separated both of them were breathing heavily. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACE!" The crew shouted in unison before returning to partying.
Some regular members and commanders came up to the pair to wish Ace a happy birthday personally. It was sweet and every small gesture made Ace glow with happiness. Marco just watched with a gentle smile directed at his younger lover content on just watching and listening. When they were finally done Marco led Ace to Whitebeard.
"Happy birthday my son! All is well I assume." Ace nodded with a bright smile, "Yea and thanks pops. Marco and I were just headed to bed." "Good good and I wouldn't go to your room if I was you." Ace stared at his father with a confused expression. "Where do you think we put the gifts my son?" Realization appeared on Ace's face before annoyance. Whitebeard just laughed before taking a drink of his precious sake. "Good night I'll see you later my sons." "Good night pops!" Marco and Ace said on unison.
Together the two went to Marco's room but before they entered the older male stopped Ace. "I want you to close your eyes Ace, yoi." Ace nodded excited for what's to come. They entered the room with Marco leading Ace to the bed. Ace sat down with his eyes closed tightly.
The freckled man heard some rustling before something was placed on his ear. It felt like a flower of some sort. "Okay you can open your eyes, yoi." When Ace opened his eyes Marco handed him a hand held mirror. On his ear was a beautiful flower that was red in color and made him look much more feminine.
Before Ace could question the flower Marco handed him a framed photo. Ace immediately recognized Gold D. Roger, his father, but he was carrying a strange woman bridal style as they faced the camera. They looked really happy with each other but what really caught his attention was the flower on her ear on the same side as his. "Who is that?" Marco sat next to him with a smile, "That's your mother. I heard that she would always wear a flower in her hair, a red hibiscus to be exact, yoi."
"With that flower in your hair there is no mistaking that she is your mother. You look like her, yoi." Ace nodded with a sad smile while he was glad to know what she looked like he is sad because he stole her life. Marco noticing the smile kissed Ace on the cheek and handed him another photo frame. The photo made Ace gasp.
It was of him and Marco. In the photo it looked like he was unconscious, probably from a sleep attack. What caught Ace's attention is that Marco was sitting on deck with him in his arms while playing with his hair while looking at him with so much love. Ace loved it so much he threw his arms around Marco's neck and kissed him roughly.
Marco kissed back equally as passionate. When they parted the two were breathing hard. "Thank you so much Marco. God I love you." Marco chuckled, but instead of responding he kissed Ace again sweet and gentle showing instead of telling his flame the love he felt for him. Ace smiled into the kiss and thanked the gods above for giving him such a wonderful boyfriend. All thoughts of how little he thought of his life vanished.
The flower had fallen to the floor undamaged but forgotten in the tangle of limbs that was Marco and Ace. A symbol to Ace of a woman who gave so much for him, of a woman that loved him before he ever actually entered into the world. For giving him that Ace was grateful to Marco and wanted to thank him the best way he could by living not for others but for himself. Its a promise he'll keep for himself and for the love of his life, Marco. A flower that now not only symbolizes an amazing woman but a promise of a lifetime.