Where?

Blood pills up top.
⚠️ Not an actual pill/ Just for visual

Ryan's POV

Penelope ran at an inhumane speed dragging me along with her. I really hope the Hybrid Hunters don't catch us. Footsteps were heard behind us and I knew that the hunters were close.

'Where is the cottage, Zachary?' I asked as I continued running.

'Right here.' He mumbled.

I looked around, seeing nothing.

'Where? There's nothing here.' I told him matter of factly.

Penelope stopped. Why the hell did she stop?! There's nothing here! Nothing but trees, bushes, and branches.

Suddenly, she pulled me forward and everything changed. A cottage was in front of me. The trees were healthy and everything looked clean. Almost magical? A type of cottage you would see in a fairytale.

"Where the hell did they fucking go?!" Someone screamed.

I turned around. Shit, we might've gotten caught!

"Just relax. We don't mean any harm." I told them.

"They don't hear you." Penelope mumbled.

I looked at her, "What do you mean they don't hear me?"

"Look." She mummered, pointing forward.

"I'm so fucking tired of losing them! Do you know how fucking annoying it is?!" The same man gritted out.

"I know... I'm sorry..." Another one whispered.

"I don't want your fucking apologies! Go fucking find them!" He screamed.

"How do they not see us? I don't understand." I mumbled.

"It's an invisible boarder. No one can hear or see us." She told me.

An invisible boarder? That's interesting. Definitely not what I expected. Penelope walked towards the cottage, opening the door. I walked inside and the sunset drifted shined brightly through the window. It was a comfy cottage. I felt relaxed as soon as I got in. Penelope layed her mushrooms on the counter.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Your my mate." I told her.

She nodded, "I know. That wasn't the reason you came though."

"I'm a Hybrid. Vampire and Werewolf." I mumbled.

"You need blood pills?" She asked, cleaning the mushrooms.

"Yes..." Before I could say more, Penelope put a bag on the table.

"There's blood pills in the bag filled to the brim. I'll get you home now." She told me.

"What? I'm not going home now. Your my mate." I reminded her.

"We can't be mates. I'm a Werewolf and a Mermaid and your a Werewolf and a Vampire. Hybrid Hunters are after me. It wouldn't work out." She mumbled, putting the mushrooms away.

I stood up from my chair, my eyes darkening. I walked towards Penelope and pinned her to the counter.

"What are you doing?" She asked, trying to move away.

"You're rejecting me?" I gritted out, my eyes dark.

"I..uh..." She started, but I interrupted.

"Your my mate. I'm not leaving." I told her, matter of factly.

Penelope's POV

"Don't do that..." I told him.

"I'm not leaving." He mumbled.

I pushed him away and he fumbled, not expecting it.

"This is my cottage, so your leaving." I reminded him.

"I told you that I'm not leaving." He gritted out, walking towards me.

"I don't care what you told me. I don't want you here." I mumbled, walking into the living room.

All of a sudden, I was pinned to the couch. Ryan's eyes were red and I knew his vampire was out. He lowered to the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent.

"What are you doing? Get off me." I said, pushing against him.

I felt his fangs gaze my neck and they pierced through my flesh.

I gasped using my Hybrid strength to push him away. "What the hell are you doing?!"

Ryan licked the blood off his fangs.

"You taste amazing." He mumbled.

What the hell is wrong with him?! He's crazy! My wound instantly healed, my mermaid aura running through it.

"I'm your mate. I will stay and protect you." He mumbled, caressing my cheek, his eyes turning blue again.

"Whatever. Just leave me alone. " I mumbled, annoyed before walking to my room.

I heard him chuckle. "Also, don't go outside." I told him before closing the door to my room.

Ryan's POV

'Penelope tasted so good.' I told Zach.

'Go take your pill.' He mumbled.

'I want to taste her more.' I muttered.

'Not now. Take your pill.' He said.

I opened the bag of blood pills and picked one up. Do they taste good? I put it in my mouth and blood filled my taste buds. It didn't taste exactly like blood, like Penelope's blood. It tasted like artificial blood. I spit it out in the trash can.

'Do I have to take these?' I asked disgusted.

'You have to control your thirst.' Zachary mumbled.

He's right as much as I hated to admit it. I grabbed another blood pill and put it into my mouth.

Third POV

Ryan sat on the couch while sucking on the blood pill even though it was gross. It did the job though. Suddenly, a loud noise shook the whole house. It was as if something got removed.

Penelope came running out of the room panicking. "They found us!"

The 3rd chapter is finished!!! What do you think? Please comment any suggestions and editing mistakes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have a great day :)

Ryan got to Penelope's cottage. Who found them?

Word Count (890)