The Affair Part 2

Trigger Warnings ⚠️: Cheating, Angst, Major Fluff.

Scarlett watched as the paparazzi swarmed them, their flashes blinding her momentarily. She felt a wave of panic wash over her but managed to keep it together. As we drove away from the chaos, she took a deep breath and leaned back in her seat. I was lost in my thoughts as I started driving back to the city. If those pictures got out Scarlett would be losing more than just her husband. Reality quickly sets in as I think about just how far she has come. Scarlett worked her ass off to get her fame and what she deserved for it all to be jeopardized by me. Scarlett stayed silent for the rest of the ride, lost in her thoughts. She knew this secret affair with Y/N was dangerous, but she couldn't help herself. The passion and intensity they shared were addictive. I glanced over at Scarlett seeing that she was just as distraught as I was. I just hoped she didn't regret anything because I certainly didn't. My mind wandered to Scarlett's family and what they would think about this, and what could potentially happen.

Scarlett's mind was racing. She knew the consequences of her actions were dire. Not only would she lose her husband, but also her career. The thought of never seeing Y/N again made her heart ache. She couldn't believe how quickly everything had unraveled. If Colin, Scarlett's husband, would react negatively, most likely he would, then poor little Rose and Cosmo would be affected as well. I bite my lip as nerves set in my stomach. I wanted to reach over and grab Scarlett's hand telling her that everything would be okay. But I couldn't make a promise that wouldn't happen. Scarlett felt my gaze on her and tried to maintain her composure. She knew it wasn't fair to involve you in her personal life like this, but she couldn't deny the feelings she harbored for you. "I'm sorry for all of this Scarlett....."- "It's not your fault." Scarlett said, butting in, turning to face Y/N. Her heart was racing with a mixture of fear and longing for Y/N. "It was both of our faults....Now we both must face the consequences of our actions." I sigh softly. "What do we do?" I ask softly. I don't know," Scarlett admitted with a shrug, "I guess we wait and see what happens next."

The silence was deafening as we both sat there, our minds filled with thoughts of the impending doom that awaited us. It was clear that this wasn't an easy situation for either of us . After a while, Scarlett broke the silence. "Y/N?" She took a deep breath before adding, "But there's something I want to ask you." Her eyes met yours intensely. " "Yeah?" I ask softly gazing over at Scarlett during a red light stop. "Do you regret any of this?" Scarlett asked solemnly, reaching over to take my hand in hers.  Her gaze never left my face as she waited for my answer. I immediately shake my head. "I don't. Yes, I feel bad that our actions caught up with us......but I don't regret meeting you...having this connection with you.  I-" I clear my throat. "I hope this wasn't just a fling......I um I have feelings for you."  I said softly as I turned my eyes back to the road and started driving. A long drawn-out pause followed after.  Scarlett said, "I've always been good at handling situations, but this... it feels different." There was a vulnerability in her voice that made my heart ache for her. Scarlett sat in silence for a moment, trying to process tonight. She was still deeply in love with her husband, Colin, and the thought of losing him was devastating. But she couldn't deny the feelings she had for Y/N.  Y/N made her feel safe, loved, she was almost like her safe haven.

Feeling the silence between us thicken, I glanced at Scarlett from the corner of my eye. I knew she was going through a lot. I wanted to comfort her but didn't know how. I sigh holding into Scarlett's hand tighter. "If you go down, we go down together," I say softly. "Really?" Scarlett asked, her voice trembling slightly. "You'd be willing to do that for me?" Her eyes were filled with wonder and disbelief. "I couldn't ask you to..." she trailed off, unable to say the words that were in her heart. "No. I would." I say softly, biting my lip. I pull over the side of the road. I turn over to look at Scarlett.  "I........I love you." I say in a soft murmur.  "For the past five years that I've known you, I have fallen harder and harder for you. I've accepted that whatever happens happens. If you choose to end this.....us. I'll accept it, I'll let you go if it makes you happy. But if you choose to go on with this...us. I'll be there to support every single decision you make. I'll be there for you every single step of the way whether we get backlash or not." I say softly.