Chapter 17: Honey bunch

Heyy, been long. Soo my school opened and I had no time but yayaa I got time today.

Have a good read!!!

When we get there, Jason gives me a chair and watch him paint. I feel like Jason is a stranger to me because I know nothing about him. I feel like asking him questions but I think I might be going over my boundaries.

By knowing more about him? I don't think so.

"Jason?" I start. My heart is beating fast and my hands are shaking. This happens everytime I get nervous. "Yes?" He says giving me all his attention.

I look down and fist my hands. I don't know if I should ask him or not. I need to know how he lives, his lifestyle, how he grew up. He told me why he moved to the US but I feel like there's more.

"I just.. I just feel..." I said stammering and looking down. He puts his han

on my chin and makes me look at him. He can see my face. He can see that I'm nervous.

"You can tell me or ask me anything," he says. His face shows care and love and that makes my stomach turn and do flips.

"I know nothing about you and we're close, I'm like a stranger to you." He raises one eyebrow.

I knew this was stupid but Elsy doesn't think so. I still haven't changed. The poor kid is gonna run away from me. He won't do that, he looooooves you.

I ignore the stupid voice in my head and Jason cups my cheeks, "do you wanna ask questions? What do you need to know?" He says. Who is he. What if he was part of a gang or something, or I put him in danger.

"How did you grow up? How do you live your life?" I ask and he smiles. "I grew up in Italy with my family and moved to the US. I live a normal life I just hate people who tell me what to do, controlling people make me sick. My parents are into business, my sister's five and is still in school." He says and I can see sadness on his face.

I was not supposed to ask him all that. "Growing up, my father was abusive, he'd beat up my mother for coming home late from work. When he was drunk he would break things in the house and when mom stopped him he would slap mom. He would slap me whenever I tried to defend mom."

The man he's living with now used to abuse his mom and him? Why are they still living together then? I questioned myself. I won't ask him that cause it'll make him worse. I feel bad for opening old wounds.

"We stayed in Italy for a few years and my mom finally saved enough money to take us to the US." Then I saw a tear slip down his cheek. I sat closer to him and pulled him into a hug. He let out a quiet sob.

Shit shit shit I just opened old fucking wounds. Seeing him like this breaks my heart. He didn't deserve all that.

Well he is a bad boy at school... He's been good to me you dumbass.

"I'm sorry Jay, I'm so sorry, you didn't have to go through all that. You'll be fine." He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and I could feel his wet cheeks on my neck.

It was silent for a few minutes and then he gave me a smile. "He put you through all that but you're still with him?" I ask confused. I have to know the truth too.

He smiled and shaked his head.

Did I ask a stupid question? Nope.

"He's my stepfather." Now it all makes sense. "When we came to the United States we changed our identities." I raised one eyebrow in confusion.

Just say everything already. "I was Jason Andrea Russo back in Italy," I almost melted when he said that. He said it with his Italian accent.

I felt my cheeks go red. "Brown is my stepfather's surname. We changed when my mother got married, we don't want Gabrielle finding us." Gabrielle must be his father.

He then smiled at me and I just gave him a serious face. He's being all smiley and stuff and he's supposed to be sad and crying and...

No he's not cause he's not sad.

"I think I should go," I said while getting up. He also got up but before I reached the door I was pulled into a hug. "Don't worry about me I'll be fine, I'm fine cause it happened years ago." Then he leaned down and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I am a penguin compared to him. He's a football player and he is super tall.

You know what they say, get yourself a tall guy. Mhm never heard of that. Dumbass.

He smiled and we walked out with his hand around my shoulder.

He opened the door for me and guess what I've become his passenger princess. It's time I start leaving shoes in here.

You're not his girlfriend. Soon to be. Doesn't make you one though. Leave me alone.

"Drop me off at Riley's, I promised to see her." He nodded and we drove off.

A few minutes later I'm here in Jason's car and he's giving me a goodbye kiss. He said he was gonna miss me sooo much because I won't be seeing him for the whole weekend. He's so dramatic.

He's soo loving you. He is trying to love you. He loves me.

Jason leaves and I find myself at the door, Riley's house. It's not even a house it's a mansion. Her house is fucking huge and it looks great just like Riley.

I ring the bell. Once, twice, three times, four times and still nothing. I decide to open the door and I twisted the knob and I found the door unlocked. I walk into the house and go straight to Riley's room. She said she'd text me when she gets home and she did.

I open the door, "Riley you didnt fucking te..." I see her on the bed crying. I quickly drop my bag to the floor and run to her.

What happened to her? Why is she crying, who did this to her. "Hey hey hey what's wrong?" I asked making her look at me. Riley is not the type to cry or be sad so someone said something or did something that hurt her.

She looked at me and smiled. Eyes red and puffy. Looks like she's been crying for a long time. My honey bunch can't cry. She doesn't deserve whatever happened to her. She's too precious.

I'm sorry but smth came up and I couldn't publish sorry. Good thing they're gonna be two chapters sooo. Hope you loved it and don't forget to vote and comment. Do tell everyone about my book coz why not?

 Do tell everyone about my book coz why not?