catching up •2•

vivianne's pov••

Only 2 more minutes till this bell rings and I can finally leave. I was trying to have hope for this class. I was trying to be optimistic and think that maybe this class won't be so bad but no. I still hate history and I already don't like this teacher. I look over to Shuji and see his head down on the desk. He's probably asleep.

*ring*

Finally! The moment that bell rung, I shot uo from that seat and grabbed my bag. I tried to quickly run out of there but I heard someone call my name so I turn around.

"Vivi! Wait for me," Shuji said.

I stood there as he slowly got up from his seat and walked over to me. We walked out of the classroom and headed to our lockers. It quiet for a little until I finally decided to say something.

"It's the first day and I already don't like that class. And the teacher," I said.

"I don't know. I didn't think it was too bad," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well of course you didn't. You slept through the entire thing."

He laughs and says, "In my defense, I stayed up kinda late last night."

"Okay! Whatever you say," I said sarcastically.

"Anyways, how was your summer," he asked.

"Um... It was pretty good. I didn't do much besides hangout with friends and all. But I still thought it was fun. What about you? How was your summer?"

"It was alright. I hung out with our group most days. I didn't see Andy as much though because he was always with-"

"-Liv. Yeah, I know. I didn't hangout with her as much either because of him. But it was okay, I just hung out with other people."

We finally arrived to my locker. I expected him to leave and go to his locker which was a little further down but he stayed with me.

"Yeah same. They're kinda cute, don't you think?"

"Totally! I was so upset when she said no to him. You know, when he asked her out."

"Oh yeah! He was so sad that day."

"Yeah, she was too... But, I'll admit, I do understand her thinking."

"What do you mean?"

"We kinda are still kids. I feel like it's kinda stupid to say that we're in relationships or that we're like in love. You know?"

"I don't know. I think you can love at any age. Even ours..."

"Yeah, but it wouldn't be real."

"Says who? If you tell someone that you love them and you actually mean it, then wouldn't that be real?"

I go silent. I guess he's right... in a sense. He made a good point.

I sigh and say, "Okay fine. Whatever you say."

He starts laughing to himself and looks down. I look at him confused. I don't know why he's laughing. Neither one of us said anything funny.

"What's so funny," I asked.

He looks up at me with the biggest smile on his face. He honestly has a great smile. Somehow his teeth are perfect and he's never had braces. It's always something I've been jealous about. He's still laughing and I don't know what it's about.

"Shuj, seriously! What's so funny?"

"You've just always been so stubborn. I was never able to win in an argument against you. So the fact that you gave in so quickly just... brings me so much joy."

I laugh a little and say, "I forgot about that. Well, luckily for you I've changed a lot this past year."

"Yeah.. I've noticed," he said sounding kinda sad.

"It's been a while since we've talked. We should hangout. You know so we can like catch up with each other."

I stand there nervous waiting for an answer. I can't believe I just said that. Normally, I don't do stuff like that. But, for some reason, I just felt so confident right now.

"Yeah, let's hangout. After school today?"

"Aren't we already hanging out with Liv and Andy though?"

"I'm sure they'll be more than happy to hangout by themselves. I'll just tell Andy that we're gonna do our own thing."

"Okay, yeah! Cool. I'll tell Liv then. Where do you wanna meet?"

"We can meet at the front."

I just nod my head agreeing with him. The bell rings signaling for us to get to our next class. We wave bye to each other and we walk our separate ways. As I'm walking away, I've got this big smile plastered across my face. I tried to hide it but I couldn't. I just couldn't believe that I was talking to Shuji again. It's been a year and a half since the last time we've talked so this was big. For me at least.

"What's got you smiling so much," Liv says tapping my shoulder.

I look to her and say, "Huh?"

"Your smile is like massive right now and you're kinda blushing."

"Oh- uh..."

I pause for a second wondering if I should tell her about my interaction with Shuji. I didn't really want to because I knew she'd make a big deal about it but I kinda have to since we're planning on ditching them.

"Shuji and I aren't gonna hangout with you guys after school today. We've made our own plans."

"WHAT?"

I nervously laugh and say, "Yeah... we talked for a little and decided that we should do our own thing and let you and Andy be."

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my GOD."

"What?"

"I KNEW IT. So that's why you were smiling? You and Shuji are gonna go on a date," She said winking.

"What? No. We're just hanging out. If anything, it's you and Andy. Shuji and I just started talkimg again today."

"Again? I thought you've never talked to him before."

Fuck I forgot I haven't told her about Shuji and I. It's too long of a story to tell right now. I'll just wait and tell her later. For now I have to make up something...

"Well, I've talked to him in classes but I've never had an actual conversation with him."

"Oh okay. Anyways, I'm so excited for you! Hopefully this works out in our favor."

"OUR favor? YOUR favor. I'm just planning on being friends with him for now."

"FOR NOW?"

"Just friends, Liv."

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say, Viv."

*ring*

The bell had rung meaning class has started. Which means we were also late for our class.

"Shit. We're late to english," I say panicked.

"It's fine. It's the first day. We can just use the excuse that we don't know our way around the campus."