Chapter 8- DEATH

(A/N I am so sorry for having not updated in so many months, maybe a year? I am going to try to give you guys a longer chapter just incase I don't get the chance to work on it again for a long period of time. I appreciate everyones patience with me and this story. I am also thinking about making another story so you guys have something else to look forward to, but if thats the case i may alternate weeks where I work one this and another story or two. Also as a reminder this is the text key.)

Typing like this is Eli talking in his head or talking to the voices.

Typing like this is the voices in Elis head. As in the others he can change into.

Anything typed like this is a creature from different types of lore.

"This is mind link. Typically when Eli is in his draconic form, but could possbly happen in other forms."
———————————————————————————
The Cave

Myself and my mates were not very happy with how she responded to Luci.

"He has no right to be here. He shows up, unannounced, and causes chaos in MY home. Yet, Master isn't upset about someone encrouching upon his territory." Her yelling grated on my nerves and my ears.

"Little girl, Max is already aware of my presence. You do not get the right to say that this is your home when you refuse to be like your master. You refuse to be apart of the night. You refuse to help those who are a part of the night. You have no right to have a voice in this home because it is not your home. Eventually this will be my home as I get closer to my mates and their master. The point of me being here is to help them have food more readily available. I am able to walk in both the light of day and the darkness of the night. You should have been doing that, but refused to do so as you thought of it as a burden to help those who have given you shelter." The scales on the back of my neck lift a fraction of an inch.

She wants to attack us. She's going to attack. Are you willing to be violent in front of our mates?

I shift my body down so I can better prepare myself for the attack that I know is coming.

You need to be careful about this. If she finds our weak point it could mean the end for us.

I lower my head even more. She steadies herself for an attack.

She's human, remember that. She will be easy to just bite in half. Use that to your advantage.

She looks at me confused, but shakes out of the confusion. I hear my mates walking around trying to get closer to me. Luci and Harlott I have no clue where they are, but they can take care of themselves. I try not to worry too much about my mates being too close to me.

They can handle themselves. Make sure the little boy doesnt get hurt in all of this. He will be our youngling. One of a few.

I position myself infront of Laddie. Slowly her confusion was going away, however came back then went straight to rage.

She doesn't like that we are protecting the boy from her. Don't let her get her hands on Laddie.

I growl lowly as she moves closer to me to attempt to grab Laddie from me. As she gets closer I snap my jaws at her the venom flying to her and causing her skin to burn. She screams in pain from the venom landing on her.

"You cannot have him as well as The Boys. You have no right to take my little brother!" Laddie whimpers afraid of her.

"I will do what I have to, to protect those I call mine. Those who can't protect themselves. My mates, Luci, and Harlott can protect themselves just fine. Laddie can not. You scare him. He does not like you nor has he ever been your brother. My mates seem to act as older brothers with him, but I will act as a parental figure. You have no room to call Laddie your brother when you have never treated him as such. Only ever treating him as burden."

With that being said I attack her. She doesn't expect my lunge and falls to the ground giving me yet another advantage against her. As i crawl towards her face I look down at her.

"What do you think is going to happen from here? Because from where I see it you have no where to go even if you were to live. No other vampire coven would take you in as youve already consumed a masters blood, but have not completed the ritual. I can let you go to be hunted another day or I can kill you right here right now. What do you think boys? Should I let her go?"

I hear a coruses of no. I look down at her.

"They've made the decision." I hear walking coming down the stair.

"What is going on?" I hear Max's deep voice.

"Killing Star for discrepancies she has said in my presence about me. Saying that she was better than me. Telling me that I am not fit to be with my mates. That is a grave violation in my clan. She does not deserve her life or the night." He nods.

"Okay I see where you are coming from I'm not going to stop you." My lips pull back and show my sharp teeth. Opening my mouth I snap my maw around her neck. My teeth sinking into her flesh and breaking her bones with a satisfying crunch. She drops completely to the ground as I hear Laddies voice say...