16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
" Explain to me. "

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

All five of them, including Verity, were entering the fancy restaurant, waiting to be seated.

A lovely lady in her mid 40s came up to hem and asked for a reservation.

"Yes, actually? Its for Sturniolo?"

Nick said, smiling warmly at this woman. She woman's eyes widened before she smiled back.

"Yes, mhm! Follow me." Nick followed the woman, everyone else trailing behind.

Nate slightly brushed past Verity, making her fuzz up a bit at the touch.

What is she thinking?!

10 minutes pass and everyones sat at a booth with menus infront of their faces.

Chris put his menu down, fixing the collar of his deep blue button-shirt.

This shit is fancy..

Chris zoned out for a bit before he was broken out of it. "Chris? What about you?"

He looked away from the distance and at everyone who looked at them.

Chris noticed the same woman that sat them down holding a notepad.

"Oh sh- sorry, um.. I'll have the..." He looks back at the menu, scanning quickly.

After he eventually orders Alfredo pasta with a Pepsi, everyone talked amongst themselves.

Verity sat inbetween Matt and Nate, Nate at the aisle and Matt on the inside.

She sat across from Chris who kept looking at her and looking away.

Nate cleared his throat, turning to her.

"You know, it's been like 4 months since I've seen you.. almost couldn't recognise you."

Nate smiled at Verity who quickly looked at her bare legs and shoes to hide her blushing.

"Yeah.. I guess! Same to you to be honest." She looked up at Nate, her cheeks still a faint rosey color.

"Can I just-" Verity got up, squeezing infront of Nate to get out.

"I gotta ash my hands, I'm a clean freak." Verity chuckled. Nate blushed furiously as he also got up.

"Yeah, I'll go too." Nate chimed.

Verity caught Nick smirking at her before she rolled her eyes.

Chris watched both Nate and Verity walk away, chattering like children as Matt spoke to him, not noticing he wasn't listening.

6 minutes later

Verity came out of the bathroom, Nate already waiting for her in hall.

"That was fast," Verity smiled as Nate blushed.

Suddenly, Nate came close causing Verity's stomach to buzz violently.

Holy shit?? Nathan Doe is gonna kiss me?

Nate hesitated for a second. "Your okay with this right?"

Verity nodded before Nate gently pressed his lips on hers.

At first, it felt relieving to think she's getting over Chris, TO KISS NATHAN DOE??

A pit started growing in the pit of h stomach after a minute as her back was against the wall.

She pulled away, opening her eyes. "Are you okay?"

Verity noticed Nate had strapped his arms around her gently, but it didn't feel right.

The faint footsteps she had then tuned out reached the top of the stairs.

"Verit- NATE?" Matt's voice rippled a bit before he cleared it.

"Um.." Nate stutters as Verity unlocks herself from his arms.

"Matt, listen." Verity walked towards him as he was still frozen.

"Matt?" Verity broke Matts trance which he then looks at her.

"Nate, go downstairs. Verity, you have 2 minutes to explain."

Nate doesn't say anything, his face emotionless as he obeyed Matts voice.

"DUDE?" Matt drags Verity to a disabled bathroom and locks it behind him.

"Matt please listen." Verity pleaded. She knew what she did was wrong.

She just got caught by her exboyfriends brother kissing her exboyfriends best friend.

"No. You listen to me." Matts voice became deeper than usual, demanding almost.

He groaned softly. "Fuck, I shouldn't even be saying this but I have to."

Veritys head tilted before the door pounded against her back.

"You kissing my brother in here too?!" Chris's voice shouted from the other side.

"You kissed my bestfriend?!" Chris pounded again, hand on the door handle.

"Chris wait!" Matt unlocked the door and slipped out.

Inaudible whispers hushed outside the door of the bathroom which Verity waited in.

Chris opened the door, walking in and locking the door.

"You were about to explain? Explain to me." Chris's voice was dominant, deep and hoarse from shouting.

"I get he's your bestfriend but why do I have to explain to you? Shouldn't it be Nate?"

Chris rolled his eyes, looking at her.

"I know your still in love with me but I just-.." Verity cut off, sighing in frustration.

"Let me out." Verity put her hand on his which was on the door handle.

"Were leaving." Chris grabbed Veritys wrist gently, enough to take her where he needed he needed go but to not hurt her.

"Let me go!" Veritys strained voice echoed as they passed Matt and walked down the stairs.

Nick and Nate still sat at the table. Nates eyes flashed to Chris dragging Verity out of the restaurant.

Nick got up immediately and rushed towards Chris.

"Chris stop!"

Chris placed Verity in the passenger seat as he got in the drivers seat.

"Do you even know how to drive?"

"Yes, just not amazingly?"

Chris switched the engine on and backed out of the car park.

Nick, Matt and Nate all watched as they both left.

"Call an uber." Matts voice growled in anger and stress. What is Chris doing?!

-----------------
HANNAH

yall this chapter is complicated but PLS JUST HEAR ME OUT ON DOMINANT MATT??

check out my fresh fanfic: The Boy I Didn't Know Of |☆| Matt Sturniolo

CHAPTER 17 COMING SOON (this story is coming to an end..)
----------------