15: A confession

Coriolanus woke up to the sun shining brightly through the window. He felt way better now, why did he feel so sick after the show? Probably stress, after all, Dr.Gaul hadn't called back yet. What if she couldn't pull through!? He sighed and decided it was best not to worry about it, after all, it's not like his worrying would get him anywhere. He hated not having this in his control.

He sighed and attempted to sit up. When he couldn't, he glanced down beside him. Cuddled up to him was Lucy Gray. Her messy bun had fallen out so that her hair was everywhere now and her pyjamas were extremely creased now, compared to when she first put them on. He had forgotten she was there. Coriolanus softly kissed her cheek before climbing out of her arms. He sat there for a few minutes watching her sleep. Yeah maybe it was weird, but he couldn't help himself! She looked so cute in her pink pyjamas and messy hair. "Coryo?" Lucy Gray slowly opened her brown eyes and sat up beside him. She leaned back and yawned, Coriolanus felt himself go pink as he looked at her again. 

 "Let's eat breakfast," Coriolanus took her hand and stood up. He gently guided her towards the kitchen, joking as they walked. Once they reached the kitchen Lucy Gray took a seat, while Coriolanus started preparing breakfast. Dr.Gaul had been providing Coriolanus money until they heard if he had landed a spot in the election. He had secretly been putting some of that money towards groceries. Now the Snows had the luxury of bread and butter whenever they wanted—even chocolate for Grandma'am. 

  "Here you go," Coriolanus sat down beside Lucy Gray and gave her a piece of toast. "Thanks," she smiled and took the plate from him. He sat there for a moment admiring her. It was stupid but even the way she picked up the toast seemed beautiful to him. "Hey Lucy Gray?" she looked up and mumbled, "Yeah?" as a few crumbs fell out of her half-open mouth. "Oops, sorry," she glanced down at the mess she made before looking back up again. Coriolanus blushed and unconsciously smoothed out his hair, 'You do know I love you, right?"

 Lucy Gray smiled and nodded, "Mhm, I love you too you know," Coriolanus could feel himself smile. She loved him back. That's a relief. He wasn't sure why he wanted to make sure, but now he knew the answer. Lucy Gray spoke up suddenly, causing him to jump. "So what does that make us then?" What did that make them? They didn't ever officially break up, but he supposed what happened definitely counted. "I guess we never broke up but still..." Lucy Gray frowed down at her half-eaten toast. 

 "Well, will you be my girlfriend again Lucy Gray?" "Of course," she smiled and leaned closer to give him a kiss. As soon as their lips met, Coriolanus felt dizzy. He loved her so much and in that moment he swore that he would make sure to never, ever mess it up again.

 "Hey, Lucy Gray do you want to help me with your dress?" Tigris peeked her head into the kitchen and smiled. Lucy Gray broke the kiss and gave Coriolanus a quick hug before heading off. Tigris winked at him before disappearing back into her office with Lucy Gray.