30: Partys and Proposals

"Coriolanus Snow!" Spruce Silverspoon turned towards Coriolanus and gave him a hearty pat on the back. "Congratulations son!" Coriolanus just stood there, completely bewildered. He had done it, he had really done it! A smile curved onto his face and he took a step towards the middle podium, which instantly silenced the cheering crowd. He took a quick bow and quickly launched into the speech he had prepared just in case. "I am honoured to be granted the chance to serve you all and our great nation of Panem!" Coriolanus paused for a moment, allowing the crowd a second to applaud. He smiled and continued his speech.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The presidential house was aglow with party lights. It had been a night full of loud noises and drinks. Coriolanus yawned and plopped himself onto a couch, it had been a long day and the party still wasn't over. He wished he could kick everyone out, he had enough of people today. From all the autograph signing to the interviews, he was exhausted. 

"Mr.Snow!" A loud voice boomed from behind the couch, causing him to lean his head back. Striding towards him was none other than Spruce Silverspoon. Coriolanus wasn't sure what his job was but he always seemed to be around. "Hello there!" 

"Hello there Mr. Silverspoon! How are you enjoying the party?" Silverspoon stepped forward and gave Coriolanus a cheery pat on the back, "Oh, I'm enjoying it very much!" He patted his back again, with more enthusiasm this time. Coriolanus's smile faulted slightly before he snapped back to normal. "Well I have to say, Mr.Snow, I was extremely impressed with your campaign!" He laughed and Coriolanus dodged another back pat, "Well it looks like everyone thought your campaign was wonderful as well, or how would you have won!"

Coriolanus chuckled in response. Although feeble, it seemed to convince the slightly drunk Silverspoon. "Well my boy, I better be off! So many more people to greet and so little time," Silverspoon smiled and took Coriolanus's hand to shake it. "Anyways, I'll be seeing you tomorrow, first-day stuff you know?"

As soon as Silverspoon vanished into the crowd Coriolanus sighed. Thank god that was over. He did not have the energy to deal with people at the moment. Honestly, he would rather be back at the penthouse and preferably cuddling Lucy Gray. Coriolanus yawned and stood up. It was around 2:00 am now, no one would be surprised that he left anyway. Hopefully.

He started towards the door, dodging hoards of people and flashes of cameras as he went. "Oh Coriolanus," Coriolanus paused, he knew that snarky voice. Ugh. "Hello Mr.Mauvias," he said, through gritted teeth. "Just call me Léo, no need for the formalities!" he smirked and continued, " Anyways, Leaving already! What not up to the social duties that come with being president?" "What? No-" But Mauvais cut him off, "Ah I know, You just want to get back to your darling girlfriend hmm?" Coriolanus blinked, how did he know about Lucy Gray? "Ah I'm right aren't I?" He took a step closer, put a hand on Coriolanus's shoulder, and whispered in his ear "Don't worry, She'll be out of the way soon," He smirked and left, leaving Coriolanus dumbfounded. 

 What. Coriolanus spun around and watched Mavais leave. What exactly did he mean by that last statement?! Did he think he could take Lucy Gray away from him? Well, Coriolanus knew that he would never allow it. What if he plans to kill her? But, he had no reason to do something like that. Right? Perhaps he wanted to shove Coriolanus down a few levels or something? Although, it would probably be smarter to kill him rather than Lucy Gray if that was the case. How odd. Coriolanus leaned back and stretched, he would look into this tomorrow.

Standing at the curb he could still see all the flashing lights from the president's manor, hopefully it would all be cleaned up when he came back tomorrow. Other than the grumbling of a few drunk people emerging from the manor, the night was silent. It was quite relaxing. Coriolanus yawned and opened the door of the white limo that had just pulled up. He grumbled the penthouse address and rested his head against the cold window. Watching as the city went by. His city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The sun was shining through the penthouse windows, creating little rainbows that floated through the air. Coriolanus sat up and rubbed his eyes, throwing the covers off as he stood up and glanced around the room. He was still exhausted, but there was nothing he could do about it this minute. He strode over to his dresser and yanked on the handle. What to wear on his first day? He shuffled around in the drawer looking for a flashy yet appropriate shirt when something shiny caught his eye. He moved the shirt blocking it from view and smiled. Ah, he had forgotten all about it. He spun around and glanced at the calendar, it looked like he would be free tonight. Perfect.

"Morning," Lucy Gray yawned and waddled into his room, before flopping down on the bed. He smiled and reached over to play with her hair. "Good morning, how did you sleep?" She smiled, "Good actually, thanks," "That's good to hear," He leaned forward and planted a kiss on her forehead before continuing, "Hey I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date after I'm done with work," She gasped and grinned, "Of course! Can I bring my guitar? Also congratulations! I knew you could do it!" She leapt forward and gave him a tight hug. Coriolanus blinked, trying to take in everything she said. "Sure of course you can bring the guitar," They sat there for a while, until Coriolanus, unfortunately, had to leave, to not be late

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Coryo!" Lucy Gray ran behind Coriolanus, her hand in his. She giggled "Where are we going!?" They were running on a small dirt path in a small forest just outside of the city. "you'll see! It's just a little further!" he huffed back and started running faster. "Coryo, can we slow down!" He suddenly stopped in his tracks and knelt, almost causing Lucy Gray to run straight into him. He smiled up and her, "Get on my back then," She blinked and then after a moment of consideration grinned and climbed on his back. He stood up, holding her hips tightly. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Here we go then!" 

  The pair kept walking down the path until they reached a small clearing. Lucy Gray gasped and climbed off Coriolanus's back. The whole clearing was lit up with sparkling fairy lights and there was a small white arch in the middle. Coriolanus smiled softly and carefully led her up to the arch. Lucy Gray reached up and gently stroked the small plants and flowers curling up along the side of the arch. She grinned and placed her guitar on the ground beside her. "Coryo it's bea-" she gasped when she turned around to see Coriolanus on his knee, beaming up at her. 

 "Lucy Gray?" She smiled and nodded, raising her hand to quickly wipe a tear from her eye. "Lucy Gray Baird, I love you so much, more than mere words can express," he sniffed and quickly wiped his own eyes, "I'm sorry I'm not too good at these types of things," Lucy Gray shook her head and brought his finger to his lip. He smiled softly and continued, "It took me way too long to realize it and when I did I realized that I wanted to spend forever with you," she nodded along fidgeting with her hair as he spoke. "Lucy Gray will you marry me?"

 "Yes!"