Bus Jokes

Reese's Pov:
    I yawn, shifting my backpack to the other shoulder. It's 8:50, and I'm waiting for Mr. Lancaster to finish checking if everyone is here so I can get on the bus and sleep. I woke up early today to make sure I had everything packed and then threw on a hoodie and sweatpants for the bus ride.

    Scanning the crowd, I try to pick out someone I can room with. I'm considering my options when I accidentally make eye contact with Nyla. She's standing next to Lilian who's running her mouth a million miles per hour. Nyla curls her face in a grimace, eyes widening at me as if to say what are you looking at. I roll my eyes and look away.

   God, I only accidentally made eye contact with her. Why's she acting like I was staring at her? That girl gets on my nerves, treating everyone like they're below her level. She has a problem with me even though I've never done anything to her except judge her basic ass self. But I do that in my head...mostly, except for the times she's accidentally caught me glaring at her in class.

    Mr. Lancaster's voice breaks my thoughts. "Okay, everyone. Looks like we're all here, so start boarding the bus."

    I shuffle towards the doors, waiting as people seat themselves and chat. Climbing the steps, I spot an empty seat near the back and head towards it. I'm taking my backpack off, approaching the seat, when a voice stops me.

    "You can't sit there," Nyla says with a sly smile, eyes roaming what she probably thinks is a trash outfit in her books.

    "Funny that you think I give a shit. I'll sit if I want," I say, annoyed.

    I continue placing my backpack in the seat when Nyla speaks again.

    "Oh, good, Max, you're here."

    Max bumps into me as he squeezes by in the aisle, knocking my backpack on the floor.

    "Oops, sorry. I think you're in my seat," he says with a cocky grin.
    He slides into the seat, turning around to face Nyla who tucks her raven hair behind her ear. They snicker about their attempt to embarrass me as Max not so subtly steals glances at Nyla's boobs. He might as well just say he has a boner for her.

    Sighing, I pick my backpack up and turn around, picking an empty seat toward the middle of the bus. Shoving my earbuds in, I play my music, trying to forget Nyla's immature stabs. Thankfully, I can ignore her the entire trip since I'll find someone to room with and talk to.

♡°♡°♡°♡°♡°♡°♡°♡

Nyla's Pov:
    I laugh at a corny joke Max tells. I know he's just trying to get me to giggle like a little school girl. It's obvious that he likes me, but I choose to pretend to be blind to his charms. He's an okay guy, but he's not my type. I only hang with him because he's popular too, and I don't mind the attention.

    Max sits back down in his seat, and I turn to Lilian and sigh. 
She looks up from her phone.

    "Having fun talking to Mr. Lover Boy?" Lil chuckles at her own joke. 

    I roll my eyes. "He is not my lover boy," I whisper, trying to keep my voice low so he doesn't overhear and get false hope.

    "Whatever you say, honey."

    I slump down in my seat, staring out the window. Trees whip by, glistening with cold rain. I'm bored and don't know what to do even though we only have maybe ten minutes left of the bus ride.

    Beaming with a great idea, I shake Lil.

    "What?" she asks, eyes opening from her attempt to sleep.

    "Want to have some fun?"

    She narrows her eyes. "What are you thinking about?"

    I grin. "How about we see what Reese has in her backpack?"
    "I'm in. I have nothing else to do," Lil proclaims.

    We slip out of our seat, crouching as we walk so we don't get yelled at for standing up. As we approach Reese's seat, I turn and put my finger against my lips, signaling Lil to be quiet. Slowly, I peek around the seat, seeing Reese slouched against the window, eyes shut and fast asleep. Looking back at Lilian, I motion for her to come closer. She settles beside me as I quietly reach for the backpack's zipper, urging it to be silent as I unzip it. Glancing up at Reese, I find she's still sleeping.

    Sharing a look with Lil, I bring the backpack closer to us, eyes roaming over the contents. Hairbrush, toothpaste, charger. Boring, boring, and boring, just like Reese. I dip my hand into the backpack, shifting things around to see what else there is. I'm about to give up when I find it. Golden treasure.

    I grab onto it and pull it out of the bacpack. Dangling from one finger is a black lace thong. Lil widens her eyes, covering her mouth to stiffle her laugh.

    "Ooo, sexy," I chuckle, mildly surprised to imagine Reese Spencer wearing a thong.

    Gently, I take the thong and place it on the side of Reese's face that isn't smashed against the window. Laughing, I take my phone out of my pocket and snap a picture.

    "Cute."