²⁰. ᵀʰᵉ ᴵⁿ⁻ᴸᵃʷˢ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 || 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯-𝘓𝘢𝘸𝘴

AS FAR AS NOVA COULD THINK BACK, THE BUDAPEST OP HAD ALWAYS BEEN A SECRET BETWEEN CLINT AND NATASHA. Even when Nova persisted in asking about the mission, Natasha never gave anything away. Constantly dismissing the girl and her curiosity for a simple "you don't wanna know."

Many of the missions had been left up for the imaginative minds outside of the tight circle of three that had been a part of the mission. Many speculated that it'd been something so secretive and deplorable that Nick Fury would face the wrath if the specifications of the op came to light. Others thought it to be something that had happened in the past decade or so and was swept under the rug. But with it being mentioned in some of the most dire moments, it seemed that it was just as chaotic as the attack on New York.

Yet at the end of the day, all it had been was speculative as neither Natasha, Clint, nor Fury seemed inclined to divulge any info on the infamous "Budapest Mission."

Today seemed to be the first inkling of the truth for Nova who followed her wife off the train. Fingers interlocked with Nova surrendering her insistence to badger Natasha about details and trusting that with due time they would come naturally.

Nova personally had never believed she would meet Yelena, and she had been fine with that piece of reality. Already there was enough stress on their shoulders and adding the meeting of the sister-in-law didn't seem like a needed addition. But she suspected this meant more to Natasha than herself and she was more than willing to oblige Natasha's wishes.

They arrived at a hotel; its rather quiet and bare exterior brought a clear image of the establishment's beauty. For what it was, it seemed to have been built years ago, maybe even when Nova was still a child based on the concrete chipping from the walls and the overall appearance of it. Reminding her of how the structures were in New Orleans.

Adventuring inside Nova stared at the oddly beautiful interior. Gently squeezing Natasha's hand with a warm smile pressed on her face. She wasn't one to be so gobsmacked by structural choices, but perhaps it connected to this holding a secretive part of Natasha's past that she was getting a front-row tour of it.

As they came to a stop in front of a door, Natasha shifted from Nova's side and opened a tiny latch. Reaching inside she pulled out a pistol and lockpick. Pulling the slide back Natasha sighed in relief of the bullet resting idly in the chamber.

"Stay behind me." The order had Nova immediately spiralling in confusion as she backed up and allowed Natasha to stand in front of the door.

Plunging the lockpick into the key hold and gently jostling it, a voice spoke from inside. "I know you're out there."