The Couple of Hell: Mikasa and Eren's Ending.

Beginning Author Comments: This is a separate story that gives Mikasa a proper and definitive ending to her story. Most of the beginning info e.g. The Armin X Annie ship or Levi's death will be cannon in the other one-shots as well. I just want to give these characters an end to their story as they didn't get one in the official story. There will be beginning comments explaining the thinking process for some decisions made and ending comments where I explain why I chose certain things to turn out certain ways.

It's been 50 years since "The Battle of Heaven and Earth" and the death of Eren Jaeger. The world is massively growing and people are starting to forget that the Titans' existed. Things have changed. The era of peace had begun due to the International Heroes making a peace treaty between the world outside the walls and Paradis Island. Armin and Annie are now married and they have kids too. Reiner and Pieck have officially allied with the rest of the remaining Survey Corps Members to make an international heroes team. Jean and Conny officially chose to dedicate their lives to peace and keep it as long as possible. Levi, unfortunately, passed away due to old age 10 years prior.  Mikasa chose to live a life of solitude, taking care of Armin and Annie's children while they were away and visiting Eren's grave every day.  

However, one peaceful day, Mikasa contracted an entirely new and deadly disease, leaving her former comrades to come to her aid. They knew they had to see her before she passed, just as they had done for their fallen comrades during the era of the Titans.

The day of Mikasa's passing finally arrived, and to her surprise, someone was waiting for her. It was Eren, the one person she hadn't seen since the day of the rumbling. As soon as he appeared, tears welled up in Mikasa's eyes. She ran straight into Eren's arms, and the two embraced for the first time in 50 years. Eren was visibly emotional and spoke with regret, "I've waited so long for this. You don't understand how much I've wanted to see you. I'm sorry for pushing you away, Mikasa." "It's okay, Eren. I forgive you. We made you bear a heavy burden, and that's what caused the rumbling. Eren, I love you," Mikasa replied. 

The two were silent before Eren leaned in and kissed Mikasa, and the two shared a moment of passion. "I feel at peace now, knowing that you love me, Mikasa. You go to Heaven, and I'll go back to Hell," Eren said as he pushed her toward the bright gate. "No, I've also committed sins I have to atone for. It's not just you who's killed tons of people. I've done it too, and so has Armin," Mikasa said as she returned.

Eren was overwhelmed with emotion and held her close. "We'll go in together," he told her, and the two kissed once more before holding hands and walking towards the fire. Finally, the two could spend as much time as they wanted together in Hell.  Mikasa was buried next to Eren under that tree.

Ending Comments: Thanks for reading this one-shot and I hope you continue to read the others as they'll tie into one another. I chose to keep Mikasa single and loyal to Eren as if she married Jean and died and had a happy ending with Eren, it'd be so dirty for her to do so that's why I opted to keep her single. Another choice that might be controversial is why I didn't have Jean and Conny end up with anyone and to answer that, it's simply because there isn't anyone in the main cast they could end up with that's still alive. The only realistic option I could see for Jean was Mikasa but because I kept her single there isn't anyone else besides her unless Pieck and Jean had more of a development together than I  could've done that ship but there isn't anyone for Jean. For Conny, I have something planned similar to this so stay tuned for his one-shot. So far, I've only planned for those who are still alive in the ending (Armin, Annie, Reiner, Jean, Conny, and Pieck) but let me know who else I should do besides them. I was thinking of Gabi and Falco but I'm not sure so let me know. I'm open to suggestions if you have any on how to improve or just ideas you want to see added. Thanks for reading and I hope you will read the next one when it comes out.