The Last Ones to That Tree: Armin x Annie

Beginning Author Comments: First of all, I just want to thank those who read the first one-shot and now are going to be reading this one. My thought process for Armin and Annie's ending was for them to end up together and to have children. I didn't want to specify who and where the children were during the events in the story. I took a lot of inspiration from the end credits of Attack on Titan: The FInal Special 2 and just used the story info given in the episode. This helped me develop and improve the story even more. I hope you enjoy this story and feedback is always taken in and improved upon so if you find any errors in the writing, let me know so I can make and/or fix the stories. Thanks and Enjoy the story!

The Battle of Heaven and Earth took place three years prior, marking the beginning of an era of peace that changed everything. The Power of the Titans was eliminated, and the world was saved by Armin Arlet, Annie Leonhart, Jean Kristen, Conny Springer, Levi Ackermann, Mikasa Ackermann, Reiner Braun, and Pieck Finger. Together, they defeated Eren Jaeger, the Founding and Attack Titan.

After the battle, Armin and Annie confessed their love for each other and got married. Mikasa, Armin's childhood friend, was happy for him but couldn't move on from Eren. She retired and took care of Armin and Annie's children while they allied heroes with Jean, Conny, Reiner, and Pieck.

Over time, news broke that Mikasa was about to pass away. This was a challenging time for Armin and Annie, as they were saddened by the loss of a dear friend. Whenever Annie was free, they would go out and have a drink together. However, Mikasa was smiling at the thought of finally reuniting with Eren. Her last words were, "Hey, Armin, you know what this means, right? I can finally see Eren again!" They buried her next to Eren, and Armin and Annie retired. Armin visited his two childhood friends every day, waiting for the opportunity to reunite with them in the afterlife.

Eventually, Annie passed away from old age before Armin. She was sad that she and Armin's children wouldn't have a long life together, but she knew they would meet again. "Armin, thank you for everything. I'll be waiting for you there. Goodbye my dear, for now." As those words left her mouth, Annie began to tear up as she drew her final breath. After that, she was greeted by Eren and Mikasa, along with her father who waited patiently for her. Armin was heartbroken and depressed and was now a single father.

One day, Armin walked up that hill and to that tree to visit his friends one last time. He touched the tree bark and both of their tombstones with his old and wrinkly hands."You beat me, once again, Eren, Mikasa." With that final sentence, Armin drew his last breath. His body fell, and it lay lifeless. He woke up to be greeted by Eren, Mikasa, and Annie. Armin rushed to hug Eren and Mikasa, and the three reunited once more. "We were waiting, Armin. Remember what you told me when we spoke in the paths? We'll go to Hell together." Eren had said. Armin cried tears of joy and went to hug Annie. The two couples of Eren and Mikasa, and Armin and Annie went to Hell together. Armin was the last one to that tree.

Ending Author Comments:I decided to have Annie and the rest of the survivors die before Armin because IMO it didn't make sense if they didn't die before him. I'll have explanations on how they died in their own one-shots (coming soon) but this felt like the best way to end off Armin's character being the only one alive and joining them. I'm not specifying Armin and Annie's children so that's your imagination as it would take away from the main core of Armin and Annie. I'm still debating on whether I want to do a Gabi and Falco one-shot so if you want to see that, let me know! If any improvements need to be made, let me know as well so I can make the necessary changes. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next one-shot!