CHAPTER TWELVE

25th May, 2025

"Ya Ihaai, Where did I keep my car keys" I said to my self while looking around my room. I went out of the room calling my mom.
"Mamaaaaaaaaaa" I shouted
"Mamaaaa ina key din mota na , I can't find it anywhere" I whined while entering my mom's room. She was lying on the bed with her phone in her hand, probably scrolling through Facebook. I still don't get why the older people in our family like that app , too local for me , tsk.
"Mtchewwww" Mama hissed
"You're always loosing your keys somewhere in the house , and always running late for it , I thought you said your class is by 4pm? This is 4;10pm. You'll never change" Mama complains
"Mama just tell me where my keys are at , I'm late" I whined again (this is just my habit , I'm always whining about the littlest things, my friends make fun of me for it, but my Man loves it)
"Duba drawer na, the first one , thank God you're going for a class , I wouldn't have given it to you this easily. Always careless with your car keys at home . Zaki sani" Sigh, Mama and complaining. I blew her a kiss and she waved me off while hissing again . I said my goodbyes and left for school.
Immediately I entered my car, I connected my phone to the Bluetooth and phoned the love of my life, my man. He picked up on the fourth ring as I drove out of our house while waving at our gateman.
"Hey to the queen of my universe" My man said through the phone after picking up.
"Hello to the man of my dreams" I replied to him while smiling.
"You off to school babe ?" He asked
"Yes baby, I'm late cause I couldn't find my car keys" I replied while grinning cause I know what's coming next .
"Ughhhh" he groaned and I'm sure he's face palming right now while I giggled.
"Baaaaabbbyyyyyyyyy" he dragged with another groan.
"Whhhhhaaaattttt" I dragged too while laughing.
"You're always careless with your car keys at home , I don't know why . I feel like it's because Abba spoils you too much and will get another key for you with the snap of a finger and that's not good , car keys are quiet expensive. You should always be careful, and you're always running late for it . Thank God you only do this at home and not everywhere, it would've been worse." He nagged too .
"Babe you really sound like Mama right now" I said while laughing again .
"It's because we're always right , and by the way I'm sure you're driving as slow as a tortoise cause you don't want to go to class and that's why you called me,so you can blame me and say I'm the one who made you late and now the lecturer won't let you in so you'll just go and eat , toh I swear to Allah Aisha Ibraheem Khaleel if you don't drive fast and go to class I'll not be coming back tomorrow to see you and you know I mean it" and that was my cue to press on the drive paddle fast to school which was actually just a two minute or less drive from home and it takes me 5 or more minutes because I don't like school.
"I'm so sorry baby love, I'm at the gate now, please come back tomorrow kaji mijina" I pleaded.
"Okay, I'll be back . I'll disconnect this call and I want you to send me a snap of you in class in the next 5 minutes, if not , you know the consequences." He threatened and I so much love that authoritative side of him .
"Yes sir, I love you " I answered while giggling "I love you more baby girl, now shooo to class" he said and cut the call. I parked my car , got my things and went to class .
"Welcome her royal highness, queen of late coming" the lecturer Mr. Farooq said while clapping as I stepped into the class tip toeing and making my self as invisible as I can be but all in vain as the all the class laughed . I should get used to this by now cause he always does this but I just can't , trust me it's always funny how he just can't ignore my late coming, I was known for it .
"Uhmm, good evening sir, I'm late because_"
I started but I was cut off by him when he said
"You're late because your cat gave birth again and you couldn't leave without bathing her ?" He asked using the excuse I gave him months ago. Ya Rabb this guy wouldn't let this go.
"No sir , I was going to say because I couldn't find my car keys" I said while looking down a little bit embarrassed, but this was like a weekly something, we always argue because of the late coming he knows I'll never stop doing and the complaining he'll also never stop doing. Sigh .
"Oh Allah. Hmmm, just go find a seat , I can't with you anymore." He sighed.
"You always say that sir but I'm sure you'll complain again." I muttered and I'm pretty sure he heard me , well I said it so he can hear me.
"You have carry over this year Khaleel" he said while glaring at me. I simply rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue while giving him my back , I know he's my close friend but I can't disrespect him that much in front of my classmates. They all laughed when they saw my face at him .
"We all know you can't do that sir, you have been saying that since the last session. One of my classmates, Precious said to him.
"I'm pretty serious this time, she needs to be thought a lesson." He answered her .
"Said same thing last session Farooq, you need new lines or just drop the talk, tsk, you know you're not the only lecturer here and every one knows that's how I am . So quit complaining Mom" I really stuck out my tongue to him now and he just sighed and face palmed. I found a sit close to my friends and sat down while we high five. Everyone is used to our usual banter and they also respect him. Despite his playfulness, he's really serious when it comes to our education, and trust me he's hardest on me you wouldn't even think we're friends, and his exams are the hardest and they never leak. So no one even suspects he gives me hints or anything of that sort cause he made it clear he's always fair to his students regardless of personal relationships. So when he cleared his throat and put on his lecturer face, the noise died down and class was back again , no nonsense!