CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

10th June, 2024.
"Aisha Ibraheem Khaleel, will you tell me why you've been in isolation for three straight days and why your boyfriend has been begging me to talk to you because your phone has been switched off since day before yesterday!?" My girl Khadija demanded as she entered my room.
Since my last conversation with Bee, I haven't switched on my phone nor have I left my room, and it was all because of the memories of the past, my demons. I really do hate him.
I miss my man though, I should switch on my phone when I'm don't with Khadija.
"Hello to you too babes, and to answer your question I just needed some space to clear my head." I replied her while sitting up on my bed.
"Girl, he was pleading with me to tell him why you despise that name so much and I told him I don't know cause you'd never tell us too. You know you can trust me yeah? Whatever it is I'd always be here, I won't pester you to tell me or anyone, but I know you know more than anyone that sharing sometimes relives the pain and burden of whatever it is." She told me while hugging me. I hugged her back and thanked her.
"Now enough of the sentimental shit, I need my girl back, so get up and shower, call your man on FaceTime before he gets a heart attack and then come to our house when you're done with him cause we have somewhere to be." She ordered.
"Aye aye captain" I replied with a mock salute and she smiled while leaving the room.
I showered and did my routine then switched on my phone and called my man, much to my dismay he didn't pick up even after calling twice. That was when I realised how much I messed up because I suddenly remembered he was supposed to come see me yesterday, and if there's anything he hates then it's not being able to see me when he wanted to.
Shit, I quickly got ready and went out to greet Mama and tell her I'm going out with my friends ( she's used to my isolation habits, she's okay with it as long as I'm fine and I'd come greet her good morning and good night, she understands when I need my alone time.)
I know y'all are going to be like 'why isn't she worried her man isn't picking her calls and she's even going out' well the thing is I know my man, and the moment he sees that I'm out with my friends, he's definitely going to look for me, to make sure of my location for my safety and to grill me about having fun while he's mad at me.
It's going to be a long day, sigh.