Coming Back Home

The familiar sirens were the first thing that greeted her when she stepped outside the airport. She took a deep breath in, taking in all the familiarity of the place. 

This is Los Santos.

Her eyes went searching for more familiarity, a long time friend? Or her family maybe? They were supposed to pick her up at the airport and there's no chance they're late. It's her first time back in the city after five years of being away and if they have the audacity of being late, oh she's coming for them.

"Raycheell!!" a teasing voice can be heard from her right. Her face turned to the source of the voice and immediately her body moved to the guy with the red checkered suit waving his hand to her. First few steps were regular steps and seconds after for god knows why it turned into a run.

She opened her arm and engulfed the man into her hug which was returned by him.

"TACO! I miss you!" she yelled.

Another guy who looks older with almost bald hair exited the Car while pocketing his phone, it looked like he just finished a phone call.

"Hey! Your dad is right here young-lady!" he said followed by a chuckle

Ray let go of Taco's hug and jumped into her Father's arms. Not her real Father, but it's Vinny, it's someone who deserved the Father title more than her Biological one.

"Well, I've not seen him in like 5 years while you visited me every couple of months!" she corrected herself.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Miss big attitude" he laughed but he still hugged her and spun her around.

It was a heartfelt reunion.

After all that, they got into the car and Taco started driving out of the Airport.

"You sure you don't wanna stay in your Apartments?" Vinny asked.

She rolled her eyes. It was like the third time he asked her and he knows her answer won't change

"I'm one thousand percent sure. Little Seoul is my home, I wanna be with the family! I miss them!"

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry, just making sure"

"Why do you keep asking anyway? Did something change? Do they hate me now or something?" she asked jokingly

"Oh yeah, Chodie definitely HATES you by the way" Taco chimed in on the conversation.

"Nooo! Did the reps go down?" She asked.

"Uh huh by a LOT actually. He even asked ME to help him out!" Taco replied. The memories of her running around the cubby helping out Chodie sell the goods run through her mind.

"I'll have to make it up to him later," She said.

The ride to the cubby was peaceful for them. The police sirens rang along their ride, Vinny made a quick comment about JP's crew doing lower vault and CB were trying out the silliest way to run from the meth run. 

In no time, the outline of Little Seoul could be seen from afar, her heart started to race little by little. As they came closer, the Little Seoul's gas station immediately caught her sight, her eyes instantly locked to the Chang Gang Mural on the side wall. The upright smile she had earlier fell from her face.

"Welcome back Ray, come on let's surprise them" Vinny said snapping her back into reality.

She shook her face trying to focus her brain into the present before exiting the car door