• CHAPTER V •

Haerin POV:

It was him. The guy who bullied me in 4th grade. The amazing Kim Sunoo.

FLASH BACK

It was the first day of 4th grade!! Well, the 6th one this year. Appa told me that this is going to be the last time we shifted, but I do not know if Appa is telling the truth. He always says that, but we move to a new home every time. Let me hope this is really my home!!

I was walking down the hall way for my new school in Washington when I tripped over something. Everyone started to laugh at me. I felt very embarassed; I just wanted to go home. When I got up and looked back, I saw a boy who looked a lot like me! He was a Korean boy, similar to my age. But then I finally realised something; he and his friends were laughing at me. Then I looked down, and I saw he had put his leg in my way so I would trip down and fall. I went towards him and asked

"Why did you do that? You made me feel bad"

The boy responded
"Why should I care if a girl fell down; its none of my business"

I got very upset.
"But, I wanted to be friends with you"

"Why would I want to become friends with a mixed Korean freak"
He said laughing with his friends. He had seen me and understood that I wasn't "fully" korean. Just because I was half Korean, I was called a "freak". I wanted to cry. I didn't want to be there anymore. So I ran as fast as I could to my classroom. But then he started to come up to me and tell me to do his homework, otherwise he would beat me up..

END OF FLASHBACK

Though it had been a very long time ago, tose words still triggered me. I would cry whenever I saw or heard something like that. It would remind me of the worst year in my life...