Chapter 17

Mina smiled softly, appreciating the compliment and Cain took the opportunity and mood to slowly push their relationship to the next level. He leaned down, slow, to give Mina time to realise, adapt and react. Mina was ready though. She had been ready since the time Cain walked her home after messing around at the water playground. Right now, there was a millisecond she thought about backing away just to get revenge for the hassle yesterday, but Mina was too excited. It felt like she would have not only punished him but also herself, so she refrained from moving and anticipated Cain's lips on hers.

The boy complied and reduced the distance between them. Right before their lips would have touched, he stopped, focused on Mina's lips which already lightly parted.

Cain kept that one-centimetre distance between them until Mina couldn't wait any longer. She lifted her head off the blanket a bit and pressed her soft, rosy lips against Cain's. As soon as they touched, Cain took the lead again. He lifted his arm, brought his hand up to the side of Mina's head to slightly push his fingers through her hair while keeping his thumb at her cheek. He loved the contact and at the same time gave Mina's head support, so the girl didn't have to keep it up all by herself. Mina melted into the kiss, therefore she was glad about the helping head-holding-hand since all the strength left her body.

Like an expert Cain handled Mina's lips which to him tasted deliciously sweet. It didn't take him long to deepen the kiss and Mina willingly let him enter her mouth. The athlete could have gone on for hours, but Mina was overwhelmed by all kinds of different emotions running through her body. She was scared her heart might explode if they continued because of how fast it was beating. With every second she was denied oxygen because she couldn't breath through her mouth, she felt dizzier.

Afraid she was about to faint, she grabbed both of Cain's shoulders. She didn't push him away but made it clear that she was in desperate need of an air break.

When their lips parted, Mina kept her eyes closed while breathing in and out deep. Only now Cain also realised how out of breath he was and how fast his heart pounded. With his eyes half open, they wandered from Mina's parted, lightly swollen lips to her flushed, warm cheeks before they stayed focused on her closed eyes.

Cain had kissed many girls before, but never before had he experienced what he felt right now. His heart never uncontrollably raced; maybe after his first kiss, but never again after that. He went out with more than enough extremely gorgeous women, but Mina was on another level. Not only her beauty baffled him, but everything about her made his heart and head spin. It was a first for him and he still struggled to understand and process what exactly happened to him.

Mina slowly calmed down and opened her eyes only to see Cain staring at her.

"Why are you watching me?" She whispered.

"To try and capture your current beauty." He answered to make Mina fall for him more, but there was so much truth behind his comment.

Even though it worked its magic on Mina, she kept her personality and wrinkled her nose. "Cheesy."

With a laugh Cain rolled his eyes then leaned down again to press a soft, tender kiss on Mina's lips which she loved. He let go again quick but kept their bodies close. After lying their heads down again, Cain pulled Mina even closer, so that her head landed on his chest and he could fully embrace her before pulling the blanket all the way up to Mina's chin.

The only thing Mina could do was smile like an idiot. She had never felt happier and warmer before. While staying cuddled up the two spent more time under the stars. Mina felt so comfortable in Cain's arms, she dozed off within minutes, dreaming of this being the perfect start of something wonderful... but in the end it was merely that, a dream.