Chapter Four

After Aimsey was done tending to Guqqie's wound, they said goodbye to Guqqie and rushed on their garage. If they had been gone for too long, Michela would start searching for them, and if Aimsey was found near the prison cells, it would probably seem a little suspicious.

About halfway back to their garage, Aimsey ran into Eloise and Bek. Like, literally collided with Eloise. Aimsey stumbled backwards, catching their footing.

"Oh, god!" Aimsey shook their head and looked up. Bek had caught Eloise, and was helping her back to balanced feet. "Oh, jeez, Eloise, I'm so sorry!" Aimsey quickly apologized. Eloise shook her head, before looking up at Aimsey.

"You're alright." Eloise excused.

"Where are you rushing off to?" Bek asked.

"Err... My garage. Michela's there waiting for me, and I told her I wouldn't take very long." Aimsey explained. "I was getting, uh, more medical supplies." They added.

"Not waiting anymore." A voice out of the blue says. Aimsey's ears perk, and they turn to see Michela. "What's been taking you so long?" Michela asked in a bit of a demanding voice.

"Oh. I ran into Bek and Eloise." Aimsey explained, hoping neither Bek or Eloise would say something stupid like "You just ran into us!"

"Oh." Michela says, noticing them. "Hey, you two." She greets.

"Hey." Bek greeted while Eloise just simply waved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, well, I guess we can start heading back now." Aimsey said after a long conversation with Bek, Eloise, and Michela.

"Right. We better start getting back to the repairs." Eloise said, gesturing to Bek, and Bek nodded. The two waved their goodbyes and left, and Michela and Aimsey started heading back to Aimsey's garage.

"Well, that was nice, even if it was very short-lived. I haven't seen them in a bit." Michela commented.

"Yeah, I also think that was nice." Aimsey agreed, despite the back of their mind saying, That was actually nerve racking. I almost got caught. Either way, though, it was something else other than work to pass by the day, so Aimsey guessed it was okay. Aimsey hoped there wouldn't be trouble, though, since technically that wasn't any of their break times.

"So, how have you been lately?" Michela asked. Aimsey shrugged.

"I've been okay. Nothing much, really." Aimsey mumbled.

"Oh, come on! There had to be something that's happened recently that's at least made the past few days a little interesting." Michela exclaimed. It was enough to make Aimsey softly chuckle and raise their arms in defeat.

"Alright, you got me." Aimsey admitted. "I did crash-land The Kite into the landing port. I've just been repairing it for the past few of days." They explained.

"Really? Is that what that loud crash was a few days ago?" Michela asked.

"Yeah." Aimsey nodded, assuming that it... probably was. As weird as it was, this was a pretty normal conversation for the two to have every few days. It was almost impossible to believe how much they both crashed their ships, and even more impossible to believe that they still had the same ships that they started with, and hadn't gotten in trouble for anything yet. It's not like they crash landed every time they flew, though. So, maybe that had something to do with it?

"So, what happened?" Michela was now intrigued.

"Well—" Aimsey was about to tell the story, when the sound of glass shattering rang out and Aimsey and Michela both jumped. They looked to where the sound came from, a dark room.

It was one of the security offices, and typically only security was allowed in there.

Surprise, surprise.

But, Aimsey looked at Michela, and the two made eye contact as if they were telling each other their thoughts. And Aimsey knew they were both thinking the same thing.

The two swept over to the room and peered inside. And, inside, were two very familiar faces.

Scott and Oli.

Scott was hunched over a table, palms digging into it as an angry expression was as clear as a shining star on his face, and Oli had his arms crossed alongside a nervous expression. Aimsey had immediately understood, since they had been in Oli's shoes before. Scott had an outrage, and, understandably, Oli was a bit scared by it. It was horrifying whenever Scott was angry.

"It's confusing me, Oli." Scott scowled, volume lowering and tone easing. "First, they wanted us to execute that wretched alien. Now, they want us to keep her for a while? I just don't get it." Scott expressed with an annoyed tone of voice.

Aimsey's eyes widened, and both their heart and their brain began to race.

Oh no.

Oh no, no, no.

They were talking about Guqqie.