Chapter Eight

Standing there were Eloise, Bek, and Michela. Aimsey stood frozen, gazing at the trio. Eloise had a stern expression and narrows eyes, Bek had a look of disappointment mixed with sympathy, and Michela was gazing off to the side, a small frown on their face and their arms crossed.

Aimsey glanced to Michela, and they made eye contact. Michela could probably tell what Aimsey was thinking, because she mouthed, "They didn't believe me. Refused to listen."

Aimsey looked back at Eloise and Bek.

"I know how... suspiciously bad this seems, but, I promise it's not what it looks like. In— In fact, I told you what happened." Aimsey attempted to reason.

"We weren't told you were visiting them." Eloise scowled. "They might still be a murderer!"

"Let me explain." Aimsey insisted.

"What's there to explain?" Bek demanded.

"Just— Just listen." Aimsey recounted everything this time. They explained how Guqqie was thrown into jail injured and not healed whatsoever, how Aimsey had been visiting and helping them, and how Aimsey and Michela eavesdropped on Scott and Oli's conversation.

When Aimsey was done, they sat down, and leaned against the bars. They extended an arm behind their back and held it there in attempt to comfort Guqqie. Guqqie took it, and gave it a few small squeezes.

Bek and Eloise turned to look at Michela.

"When were you going to mention this?" El asked.

"Sorry? That's not a conversation starter for dinner!" Michela bickered.

"Whatever! I should've known Scott would've done something like that, anyway." Eloise muttered, dropping her head into her hand. "I'm sorry." She apologized, looking back up. Bek lightly nodded in agreement as an apology.

Aimsey somewhat understood why Bek and Eloise were so suspicious. When Aimsey first explained what happened with Guqqie, it really wasn't that clear on whether Guqqie was truly a threat or not. Guqqie could've still been evil, and in honesty, everybody was probably too scared to speak up or go against Scott's words.

Yet, Aimsey was confident now. Guqqie was not a threat.

And Guqqie was already horribly injured; they didn't deserve any more pain.

Aimsey gave Guqqie a soft gaze. She looked terrified, yet slightly relaxed; most likely due to holding Aimsey's hand. They looked at Aimsey, and Aimsey somehow understood their expression. Guqqie had understood the conversation, yet wanted a confirmation.

A confirmation that everything was safe and okay.

"It was a misunderstanding. They won't hurt you." Aimsey confirmed, softly taking their hand back. "I don't think any of them would have the guts to kill you anyway." They added jokingly. Guqqie gave a small, slightly awkward laugh.

"I would too—" Bek muttered, scoffing, before Michela elbowed her. "If she was planning on murdering us!" Bek added loudly, slightly glaring at Michela.

"So, this is them?" Eloise asked, eyes falling onto Guqqie as Aimsey looked back at her. Michela uncrossed her arms and her and Bek looked over, now interested.

"Yes. Her name is Guqqie." Aimsey looked at Guqqie. "Guqqie, this is Eloise, Bek, and Michela. They're my three friends." Aimsey introduced, gesturing to each of them.

"Nice to meet you." Guqqie said quietly, giving a small wave. Nice enough, I suppose. Aimsey thought. The three's first impression was busting in and readying themselves to get Aimsey ripped limb from limb. Well, that was at least Bek and Eloise's first impression. Michela had just been dragged along. Still, though.

Out of nowhere, a loud crash rings out. It almost sounds like an explosion, and it causes everyone to jump and look to the entrance. Nobody sees anything, as far as Aimsey is able to tell.

"What in the universe was that?" Bek asked.

"It sounded like—" El got cut off.

The sirens began to sound. Loud, blaring noises that could be heard halfway across the galaxy.

That's when everybody realizes.

Everybody except maybe Guqqie.

It was something that Aimsey would always fear would happen, and had become often paranoid about it. Something that Aimsey and their friends had trained for every year, hoping the training would never come to use.

Except it had become a reality.

The building was under attack.