26. hot lifeguard

"COME ON, CLOCK, tick faster!" my friend yapped in annoyance. it was the last period of the day and i just wanted to get out of here.

my friend and i had planned to hit the beach as soon as school ended. we've been looking forward to it all week and the last thing i wanted to do was sit here and listen to my biology teacher babble on about cellular respiration.

rinnnngggggg!

i shot up out of my seat like a firework getting ready to burst into the sky. it was the hottest day of the week, the temperature hitting a balmy 98 degrees, so the beach was a perfect escape to tan and swim.

my friend yanked my arm, dragging me out of the doors and racing towards to her shiny white jeep. we jumped into the car and the engine roared to life. we were both ready for a sun-soaked drive down to the beach.

when we finally arrived, the sound of crashing waves and the scent of coconut sunscreen welcomed us. ugh, i could spend every moment here and never complain.

we scoped out the beach, searching for the perfect spot to settle down, our eyes drawn to a nice patch of sand in between two palm trees.

i immediately threw my pink towel down onto the sand and sprawled out on it.

"i could get used to this." my friend laughed, agreeing with me.

i breathed in the fresh air, taking in the wonderful weather.

"beach babe, someone's looking at youuuu!" my friend teased, wiggling her eyebrows at me and pointing to the left side of her.

i looked up at her with a confused face then averted my eyes toward a hot lifeguard sitting on top of a lifeguard stand. he was gorgeous.

his brown locks were glistening in the sunlight, his pretty blue eyes scanned the shoreline, and his muscles—oh my god i might actually die.

"hello? yn?? are you even paying attention to me??" my friend questioned, waving her hands in my face.

"no."

she playfully rolled her eyes. "you should go talk to him."

"please tell me you're joking." there was no way in hell i could do that.

"i'm not. if you don't, i will."

i frowned. "i have a better idea."

i pretended to yawn, stretching my arms up into the air. as i brought my arms down, i pulled my shirt off over my head in the sexiest way possible and tossed it onto the sand.

"oh my god, yn! you dirty rat!" my friend exclaimed.

"is he looking?"

"umm, obviously!"

i laughed, then proceeded to pull off my shorts, sticking my butt out a little. c'mon, i had to have a little fun with this.

my friend tried to keep in her laughter, but failed miserably. i just sighed.

"i just want him to come over here," i pouted. there was a minute of silence before i added, "why do you have that devious smirk on your face?"

"don't even worry about it. i'll be right back." i didn't think anything of it until she waddled her butt OVER TO HIM AND— oh my god now he's looking at me!!! i had totally failed my trying-to-be-sexy-to-impress-him card and was now playing the okay-i'm-standing-here-like-an-idiot-looking-at-him-like-a-stalker card.

i yelped, quickly turning around. i ran into the water and stood there for a few good minutes until i saw him walking in my direction. my eyes widened and i swam further into the water.